Hi!

ShrimpSparkle

Hi, my name is Miki and I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm from Essex, UK and I have 4 dogs. Over the years I've had a fancy goldfish tank and before that my parents kept tropical fish. I started becoming interested in dwarf shrimp when a new aquatics shop opened in town and I noticed that they had shrimp set ups! Originally I was looking for a tropical fish tank for my room but I now have a shrimp tank cycling! I can't wait to finally get some shrimp in there although I know I've got a months wait!

Anyway hope to speak to you all soon!

Welcome!  It is good that you are giving your tank plenty of time to cycle.  One of the biggest mistakes people make is trying to move to quickly and not giving their tank time to cycle and grow biofilm.  Make sure to post pictures of your tank :). What kind of shrimp are you planning on getting?

Hi! Thank you, I'm thinking of getting some shrimp from the cherry shrimp family, either cherry reds or blue jellys although I'd really like some blue carbon rili at some point. I'm a fan of the rili and would like to get some crystal reds and blacks eventually, but I was thinking that I'd start with something a bit hardier. The only problem I have is deciding what to go with since I've read that you can't keep some together as they will breed and have wild type shrimplets! I have a chart though so I can work out what can go in with what!

I'll get some pictures ASAP!

Thanks!