Rili Options

Greenteam

So I want to try some Neos again and the Rili's have been catching my attention lately. 

I don't want to cull all the time so I figured I see what you guys find to be a fairly stable option (non are perfect of course). 

What do you guys think about the Red, Orange, Carbon, and is Blue Rili (I assume blue and carbon are different?).

I hear the orange rilis are hard to keep alive a couple of months ago.

I do like blue and carbon rilis.  I think its just the extreme amount of breeding I did with Red Rilis that made me tired of them :P

So I want to try some Neos again and the Rili's have been catching my attention lately. 

I don't want to cull all the time so I figured I see what you guys find to be a fairly stable option (non are perfect of course). 

What do you guys think about the Red, Orange, Carbon, and is Blue Rili (I assume blue and carbon are different?).

These are my experiences:

Blue rili- bastardized name.  Actually refers to an all blue tissue shrimp

Carbons- relatively stable.  As with any rili, if you want to keep a certain rili pattern you will have to cull splotches.

Orange rili- Unstable.  Throws what looks to be yellowish shrimp as well without the rili pattern, and splotches.

Red Rili- about as standardized as you can get, however you will still have to cull to keep pattern.

BBRR- Blue bodied red rili.  Extremely hard to increase the blue tissue, and keep the red pigment.  No true breeding as of yet that I know of.  I've been working on a line for years, and it still throws red rilis randomly.

I have Carbon Rilis and have not culled much at all. I would say 75%+ offspring keep a relatively close rili pattern. The others are usually splotched, full dark, or very limited patterning at all.

Great info soothing appreciated.

So I was looking for the carbon and found two sales one for blue rili and one for carbon rili.

Maybe I just don't know what makes them different but this is the pics I saw.

First pic was the "Blue Rili" second was the "Carbon Rili"

Both pictured are carbons.

Blue rili and BV look almost identical in phenotype.  This led to many sellers using the name interchangeably causing confusion with genetics.  About the only way to tell is during late egg development (BV will have red eggs when ready to hatch), and newborns (BV newborns will appear to look like red rilis.  The red fades as they grow. BR will appear blue as newborns.) 

The differences are even less the darker colored one breeds BV.  My darker blue Sonic line that has taken years to get to doesn't even have rili markings as newborns anymore.  This is where it becomes extremely important to trust that the seller knows exactly what they are selling.

Just looking over AB yesterday, I noticed there are at least three sellers mislabeling shrimp easy to distinguish by phenotype.  How many more misrepresent if it looks like something else?