Ron's 35 Gallon PRL Tank

Ron

Nice, great tank I might have to find someone to,build me a couple like that. What prl did you go with, and do you have a link to the ugf plates you used and what do you do to adpt them to the eheim

Love the tank Ron!! What kind of rack are you using? I am looking at a 3 shelf rack, maybe two of them. What PRL did you end up going with? Can't wait to see more pictures.

Thanks! It's an Edsal rack from Lowes. I'm getting Ebiken PRL.

Nice, great tank I might have to find someone to,build me a couple like that. What prl did you go with, and do you have a link to the ugf plates you used and what do you do to adpt them to the eheim

Thanks! Hopefully they'll like the room to roam. I'm getting Ebiken PRL and feel privileged to be getting them as this is the first time he's agreed to sell them to me and I've been bugging him for a while. If you google boyu undergravel plates, multiple links should come up. The knobs on the installation kits just need to be removed and they'll slide right in.

What happen to ebiken? I use to follow his blog and stuff he just disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He just got really busy.  He's on his way this weekend to his facility to get my order filled, stock up his studio and fill another large order.

• 2 weeks later...

My bag of PRL was left at the Ebiken breeding facility and never made the shipment last week so instead Frank sent 5 PRL from his studio for me to literally test the waters. Week went well with them constantly picking at biofilm, I believe 3 of the 5 have moulted. I went and picked up another group from jumpsmasher yesterday. I'll try and snap some pics today but my point and shoot doesn't do well with LEDs, I'll see if the wife will trust me during her photo gear.

I started another tank last week, this time a 32 gallon ADA 60-H (45). I used Africana and Amazonia in it to try and keep the pH a little higher than this tank. This new tank is more of a display tank so no half bare bottom but still an UGF to an Eheim canister, this time a single 2217. I will use this tank for my top PRL. I hope to bring in more a Ebiken PRL on my next order which should be before Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, the white dish is only in there for filling the tank so it'll be coming out soon. I'll probably put in a couple breeder tubes, glass feeding dishes and a sponge filter. It is 24" x 18" so there's plenty of floor space.

Thanks, the white dish is only in there for filling the tank so it'll be coming out soon. I'll probably put in a couple breeder tubes, glass feeding dishes and a sponge filter. It is 24" x 18" so there's plenty of floor space.

love the clean look of the tank too - very japanese! Looks like it will be a great show tank! 

Anymore updates Ron? Enjoying this thread.

I added a couple breeder tubes and a gush aqua crystal pod, I'm planning to use the crystal pod as a snowflake feeder. I still need to add a glass feeding dish, mineral balls, mineral and maybe mud stones and a Benibachi zero plate.

I'm debating about adding the sponge filter, I think it'll ruin the look of the tank.....what do you guys think?

Awesome tank Ron. Any reason behind the latest one setup as full substrate versus the half bare half substrate setup you have going on an earlier post?

Thanks.  The new set up is more of a display instead of just a breeding tank.