Guppies

OMG Aquatics

I have some blue grass guppies and my air pump died at night so I woke up this morning and I noticed one of the fish has orange spots on it's body? Anyone have any info on this or did the guppies that were previously owned before me mix bred them and that's why orange is now showing?

orange spot on guppies is pretty common. its a wild trait and has been shown to make female gups favor the males with the spot or the biggest/brightest spot. alot of delta strains still have orange spots as well as japan blues. it is almost imposible to get rid of in a strain. unless you bought pure guppies there is no telling what strains are in their background and it could just be a trait expressing now. it has nothing to do with the air pump dying. is there any way you can post a pic of said fish and i could help id it better for you. im a guppy nut and have had prob 50 diff strains over the years

depends on the strain. ive had black moscows that are fully colored by 2 months ive had medusa galaxy that take 5 -6 months to get mature color in finage. with yours being a cross it might not color up alot more or it could get a full rainbow of colors

the fact they are mixed and looks to be wilds or feeder guppy mix you probably wont see much color. as for temp i never keep mine that high i don go over 75 no real need to unless you are trying to grow them super fast. with that high of temp they will not live quite as long because it raises their metabolism and there for you will also need to feed more and do a lot more water changes. food looks ok and should keep them happy so color wouldnt be an issue but yeah i think the lack of color and orange spots is from being crossed

this is what a blue grass should look like (from google images not my pic)

Neon-Blue-Guppy-300x225.png