My Tibee Project

r45t4m4n

Took some time today to setup my tanks. Two 20L at the moment, going to be using a UGF and HMF. Bare up front, substrate and then the HMF at the back. Didn't want to have the HMF in the bare area so it does not get completely covered in food when feeding happens. I added some glass in front of the HMF so I can remove it and clean it without disturbing the substrate. Had some extra glass so I decided to make a breeder box if you will in one of the tanks.

med_gallery_316_51_799279.jpg

med_gallery_316_51_1801931.jpg

I am thinking about utilizing the same idea as the matten filter 'jet pipe' to get water into the box. Hopefully make a top for the box with outlet and inlet out of lexan; that is this weekend project.

Great idea on adding the glass in front of the HMF, I am interested to see how the your setup turns out.

Waiting on the last items is killing me. Got pro biotic, matrix, bacter ae in transit. Hope I can get to cycling next week.

Looks like it will be a great setup, can't wait to follow this project.

The larger section is going to have substrate, the smaller portion will be bare.  The partition is 5" tall, going to have a UGF and seachem matrix under the substrate, so should be about 3" of active substrate when all said and done. The HMF is 45ppi. Still trying to decide if I will use a large air pump or canister to power the UGF.

UGF was delivered yesterday, had to trim the tubes as this was meant to fit a 29G, split it in two and the fit is almost perfect! Could not resist during the last $/gallon sale, empty 40B sitting underneath :).

med_gallery_316_51_1587832.jpg

That's very cool, thanks for the details. I'm putting one of these setups together and had about the same thing in mind.

That is a perfect fit! I'd be pretty stoked about that also ^^

One thing I'm thinking about doing to mine is making the return extended to be like a rain drip like some breeder boxes have.

Great progress, looking good ^^b

Thanks for the advice, got a 4L bucket of matrix today, I don't think it's going to be enough :(

If your looking for a strong pump, fairly quiet and adjustable air knob. Fusion air pumps are really great and very cheep. With the HBMF pulling from the back whatever comes out the ugf will get sucked into the HBMF, very cool design .

Glass came from a canopy that was broken during shipping. I scavenged the glass from that, I made all the cuts myself. I ruined one or two pieces before getting all I needed. In the future I think I'm going to find a local place to cut the glass for me.

Been thinking of how to setup the 40B and I think I am going to use it as a OEBT/Misching tank. Filtration will be a couple of prefilters (Jaqno) filled with powerhouse, daisy chained to a 2217 with purigen and filter floss. That way I can use an inert substrate and not worry about changing out active substrate every year or so in such a large tank.

Been thinking of how to setup the 40B and I think I am going to use it as a OEBT/Misching tank. Filtration will be a couple of prefilters (Jaqno) filled with powerhouse, daisy chained to a 2217 with purigen and filter floss. That way I can use an inert substrate and not worry about changing out active substrate every year or so in such a large tank.

Where were you able to acquire the Powerhouse filtration media. i couldnt seem to find a place that sells them.

I haven't gotten it yet, but I do have a coworker that travels to Taiwan twice a year. Going to ask him to bring some back for me.