Got my order of Salty Shimp GH / KH + Mineral Supplement Today.

Doc4PC2

I just got my order of Salty Shrimp GH / KH + Mineral Supplement today. It say on the directions to use

one level spoon (that is included) about 2g to 10 Liters of RO water. So, 10 Liters equals 2.64 gallons

or 42.26 cups. But it doesn't say, to get what TDS reading?

If anyone has some experience using this, let me know. I want to have a TDS reading of 190 to 210

for Crystal Red Shrimp, with a Low GH and KH.

It is for a 10 Gallon Tank that has a couple of plants, some moss, and two moss balls in it. It has

a sponge filter, a Bio - Wheel 100 back filter with stainless steel mesh on the intake, and water

temp of 73 degrees F.

I have a small 2.5 gallon with RO water and Fluval Shrimp Supplement and nothing else that

gives me a reading of 200 TDS.

But, I have never used the Salty Shrimp GH / KH+ before, but I bought some because everyone

said it was the best and I guess a lot of Shrimp owners use it, so anyone that is using it with

RO water, can you tell me about how much to use for a 10 gallon tank, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think you may need SS GH+ instead of GH/KH+ if you're going to be housing CRS. I don't have notes on exactly how much it takes (my error) but my notes do indicate that at 190tds my water read 6 GH and 4 KH. Generally you want a KH of 1 or less for CRS and a GH around 5. I believe most people use just the GH+ product for crs and the GH/KH+ for neos. And I am adding the above to RO, not tap water. Hope that helps some.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I think that just confused me more. lol  This was the only one they had, so I thought was the stuff, but maybe it will be alright with just RO Water.

The Salty Shrimp GH+ will only increase your GH and not alter your KH.  The GH/KH+ will raise both in a ratio of 1/.5.  The GH/KH+ is designed for neos and the GH+ is designed for CRS or Tigers.

I hope so.

He is going to let me return it and get the GH+ which is awesome!  You can bet I will be getting all

of my Shrimp products, food, etc from The Shrimp Tank from now on.

Also, Dave said to get a 100 to 120 TDS, but I thought you were suppose to be at 190 to 210 for

Crystal Red Shrimp?  CRS keepers, what TDS do you try to achieve?

Thanks!

For a while I tried using Mosura TDS up to get to that TDS range but it was going to be expensive with probably 150gal worth of soft water shrimp tanks that I would need it for.  I have been just using the GH+ and been fine.  The TDS will increase as you feed your shrimp or add other supplements to the tank. 

He is going to let me return it and get the GH+ which is awesome! You can bet I will be getting all

of my Shrimp products, food, etc from The Shrimp Tank from now on.

Also, Dave said to get a 100 to 120 TDS, but I thought you were suppose to be at 190 to 210 for

Crystal Red Shrimp? CRS keepers, what TDS do you try to achieve?

Thanks!

A tds of 100 or so is correct for crs. The main thing is to get a GH of 5 with a KH of 1 or less and see what the tds is at those parameters. Most likely the tds will be around 100 or 125 to get those GH and KH measurements.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes, 100 to 120 TDS is what I try to achieve when re-mineralizing my RO water with GH+ for water changes. 

Your tank's actual water might be higher due to excess food, waste or anything else you dose your tank with. 

I would not be too concerned with a higher TDS as long as your other parameters are in check (ph,gh,kh,ammonia,nitrates,nitrates,temps). Stability is much more important than the "perfect" water.

I still haven't gotten the new Salty Shrimp GH+ yet, but I am hoping it gets here tomorrow. More like praying it gets here tomorrow.....

I bought the Marineland 10 gallon 10, with the Biowheel 100 HOB, a heater, cover with led light,

and it has some flake food, a stick on thermometer, and a net in it for 59 bucks. Really, a pretty good deal. A 20 gallon would

be better. Marineland glass tanks have a good reputation for quality, no leaks, and durability.

I like the BioWheel. I added a little vasaline around the impeller, and it is as quiet as a mouse.

I also put some aquarium seal around the plastic piece on the top lid, so that water or condensation

does not get into the LED light. I have two of these tanks, and I like them. Add your substrate,

and Salty Shrimp GH+, with RO water, some live plants, cycle it and you are ready for some

shrimp. Be sure to put a filter, or foam, or stainless steel net, or something around the intake of

the HOB so that fry don't get in, and put in a sponge filter. Overall you should probably think

about spending about 150 to 200. You will want shrimp, or fish, and food too.