WTB: salty gh/kh sample

Elo500

I'm just looking for 2 scoops of salty gh kh to test out. When I mix my batch to 6gh in RO I get a high ph. Before I buy a new ph meter I thought I'd try it using a different batch.

Thanks.

Edit for typo

I'm just looking for 2 scoops of salty gh kh to test out. When I mix my batch to 6kh in RO I get a high ph. Before I buy a new ph meter I thought I'd try it using a different batch.

Thanks.

Me too, RO/DI starts at pH 5.6 and goes to pH 8.2 after adding 2 scoops to 5 gallons of RO/DI.

Pure ro contains no kh.  This means the ph can flux depending on the presence of atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide (which forms carbonic acid in solution.)

By adding minerals (and ions) your ph meter is able to read actual ph of whatever is added.

High quality RO should actually read neutral 7ph, but the ph meters are often just not sensitive enough to sense it.

Using Salty Shrimp Bee Shrimp to get to a KH of 6 would mean a GH of 12, isn't that a little on the high side?  I can send you some if you want.