Artificial hatching

davesays

So, I literally just watched one of my yellows molt in front of me with about 4 eggs still attached to the molt. I will leave them in the molt and I have put it in one of my home made feeding nets. I put the net near the outflow of the sponge filter and it seems to have enough flow. The molt isn't tumbling in there or anything. Will see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my berried neon yellow female molt within the past couple of hours, and I found her molt with just three eggs left on it at the back if the tank, so I stuck her molt with the eggs into a net, hung it above the spray bar, and am hoping for the best.

She had been berried for 3 weeks already. I thought they would make it. [emoji22]

• 1 month later...

I also had experiance with arti hatching. I alway remove the shrimp and make sure everyting is clean.

the last time i had also take a pic of it:

g0Wgks.jpg

you can see those eyes of them!

3 days later they are born and are healty!

I don't think is good idea to keep with the molds. the eggs need fresh water flow around.

I also removed all the molt when I saved my orange neos. Mom molted and died, but I saved 15 eggs with 13 survivors to adulthood.

I held them the last week they needed in a piece of uplift tube with a nylon over the bottom, and an airline on really low at the bottom of the tube