Stability and BT 9

Cycling this solo current tank for the Malawas. ( yes soothing I decided I can't murder them lol ).

I'm using stability because I'm in a hurry. Have to get them moved before the berried female drops the babies. I have BT 9 here and wondered if I should ad that as we'll and if so should I ad it now or wait till I'm ready to add the shrimp?

If you have those dual sponge filters from another established tank, you can just tank one sponge and bring it to your new one. I find stability taking a lot longer then they claim in most situations. Ammonia to Nitrite takes about 2-4 days using Stability but Nitrite to Nitrate takes forever and you end up with Nitrite stall due to it being soo high. You're in a hurry but it may take a good 1 month if your not using any old filter media. You would also have to do water changes daily after about 1 week to keep Nitrite under 4 ppm or overdose prime every 48 hours.

That's what I usually do. Seed from an established tank but the sponge from the main tank is to huge for this one and the filter it comes with doesn't lend itself to adding media. I considered squeezing the prefilter into the water but didn't think it would be effective

Update, I ended up cutting up the prefilter that was on the established tanks aquaclear filter  and stuffing pieces of it into the tiny Nano filter this morning. There wasn't much room but I packed in what I could.   :) 

The new tank is reading nitrites and Nitrates from just the stability (3 days)  so the stuff does work.  hopefully those prefilter bits will finish off the cycle.