snail control

aquariumlover10

Ok so I made the mistake of putting some bladdersnails in my new tank, and yesterday they laid like 10 egg clutches and I really dont feel like scoop that many snails up and in turn haveing to replant my DHG that hasnt rooted yet, bu someone said assasin snails will eat/attack shrimp, is that true? I am wanting rcs, I have 2 ghost shrimp in now to help with the cycle and to make sure nothing in their has copper, any suggestion welcome, oh and its a 2.5g.

The only thing you can do now is wait for them to grow and remove whatever you see. It's very difficult to spot all egg clutches and remove them.

2 ghost shrimp isn't going to do much in terms of helping with cycle. What I would do is just turn off air pump for a few days and let them climb up. If you have CO2 system, gas them. Last resort would be tear tank down.

If you don't have a CO2 system, you can turn off the air and pour in carbonated water.  It will do the same thing and is actually beneficial to the plants.  Then, turn air back on after a day or so,

Problem is, snails are very hardy.  AND I don't know if it would affects the protective sacks.

Another way is to place a piece of lettuce in the bottom, wait for a couple hours and pull it out with snails.  You can do this multiple times.

I hadn't had any issues with my MTS until recently, but I think they are messing with the roots of my new crypts, which I keep having to replant every couple days. I caught them on the leaves of my Downoi too, which are all eaten to bits now. :( Somehow my MTS multiplied like crazy the last month or two, and now I'm actually picking them out when I see them. Must have been overfeeding, I guess!