help, filter leak!!!!

Ok so I have a 10g tank, with plants and fish, and a aquatech 30-60 filter and I just looked at it and their was a very slow water drops on the actually motor houseing, and I canttell if it is from the motor housing or if it is coming from the back of the filter and just splashing out, I don't wajtit use it again, but I have aton of bio media in their and I am a kid so not a lot of money to buy another one like it, so what should I do?????!?!?! I am freaking out because I have company so I can't go anywhere and my mom will kill me if I say my filter or tank is leaking, and I spilled half a gallon of mixed water while rushing around.

I have a aquatech 5-15 but it doesn't have enough room for all the biomedia and I don't have any cartridges for it, what do I do??? I am alittle over stocked too so I need a big filter, please help with whati should do.

If I were you, until you can replace the filter or figure out whats wrong with it to stop the leak. Use your other aquatech 5-15, pack it with as much media as you can, put the rest of the media in a media bag and throw in directly into the tank, say a corner hidden by plants. Nothing else in the filter matters except for that beneficial bactera/biological filtration.

Hope this helps, keep us updated.

Ok I just spent 30 minutes trying to get the filter housing out, and apparently you have to pull down and pull out it get it out not twist and pull :P and the o ring area was FILLED with poop and detritus, thanks for the idea of it:) now I don't need to spend $30 on another filter and I can get the rcs in a few weeks :):):):):):)

Cut a clean water bottle so that you have a curved piece of plastic, and tape it curving down over the outflow so that the water hits it first.

good idea, one thing i have figured out about shrimping is to think out side the box

The baffle is originally from a betta forum, just passing it on. I hope I described it well enough without a diagram to be of use, as I frankly have no idea where the original post is.

My suggestion at the moment is actually to downsize back to the smaller filter (clean it really well first and transfer the biomedia as described earlier) and reduce your livestock to fit your tank. Overstocking is never a good idea.

If you are looking to increase biofiltration, try adding a sponge filter.