Should I have a heater?

I had a couple inexpensive heaters (tetra) for awhile in my 5g tanks and i took them out during the summer as it was getting too warm in my tank (think i lost a couple shrimp because of how warm it was).

Now with my new tanks and all w/o heaters the temperature in the tanks is around 60F. I have 2 5g's a 12g and a 20gL. should i put a heater in them? I feel like its just going to keep getting colder.

What do you guys think?

(I'm keeping crystals mostly)

-Duffy

edit: they weren't marina, the heaters are tetra (i do have 1 jager for my 20g)

Yeah any light source would help a little but I would put a small adjustable heater in there at least for the night as that is probably the coldest time for them. Ideally I wouldn't go below 68f.

Yeah any light source would help a little but I would put a small adjustable heater in there at least for the night as that is probably the coldest time for them. Ideally I wouldn't go below 68f.

ok then i'll probably get a heater. my temp is quite below that. Any smaller adjustable heaters anyone knows of?

I personally really like Cobalt Neo Therm heaters.  Thery are a little pricey but worth every penny.  They sell a 25w unit that works great for small tanks aroung 5g and under.  The heater is a solid flat plastic blade looking thing so no chance of cracking it.  

Ryan

I have a 1.75g planted bowl on my desk at work without a heater.  It always stays a perfect 70.  I have 8 Sakura Fire Reds in it and every female i have 5 out of the 8 are all berried.  They seem to be doing great at that temp.  I had considered a heater but for the tiny size of the bowl it would take up a lot of real estate.  You should be fine if your room temp stays consistent.

Ryan