babies come monday morning

wicca32

Oh ok, any gueston how many regs?

at this point in time they all look regular fin because it takes time for the tails to grow.i should get some long fins though as dad has long fin genes and mom is a long fin only genes. as for color most are albino. when they all come out of the cave it will be easier to tell how many of each there are

well not now lol. i went and did some stuff around the house and found out my little breeder box didnt work. the holes were to big and i had babies all over the glass of the tank so i took the bamboo and dad out and now the tank si filled with babies. when dad is ready he will kick them out of the bamboo/cave. but yes he tends the eggs and babies. all mom does is lay the eggs and she takes off. dad stays inside and fans the eggs till they hatch and tends to them till he thinks they are ready for the world.

well i still have a few i have seen 3 today. they are hiding really well. and i think there will be more eggs soon lol. on the down side i think im going to have to sell/trade/rehome my apisto's if i ever want any kind of baby fish in the tank

theres also the choice of getting a pleco breeding setup :thumbsu:

no there is not. lol i wish there was but i cant have any more tanks up there is just no room in this small rental. if there was then the apistos would have their own 20 long and i would try breeding them lol

• 2 weeks later...

not well i see one every now and then but think most if not all are gone. i didnt have much hope on them due to apistos but i have 2 fat females again so just a matter of time till i get more eggs. i will keep updating though and come the first of the year i plan on selling the apistos.

it was more than half from what i saw. but from talking with a friend of mine who is a pleco breeder its does not always mean the male is albio. i know this female albino will only give albino. im kinda waiting to see what happens by christmas. i have both the same mom as the last batch and a blue eye short fin female full of eggs so no telling who will go this time

common or brown is dominant

longfin is recessive

longfinXlongfin should produce at least half if not more longfin

longfinXshortfin should produce 25% longfin

green dragon X albino = 50/50 

green dragon X L144 = brown /common

L144 is not common its the blue eye bn. believe me i got ripped a new on on planet cat fish about that topic lol. the green male and albino long fin female gave me at least 75% albino out of it. i saw very few greens come from the cross. and he had crossed it with other colors that never produced albino. as or the the L144 and green not sure what will come from it because these are pure L144 no other color in them. same with the greens they were from wild stock and never crossed with other colors. so there should not be a brown in the mix either way. i got backgrounds when i got these fish and know back grounds. yes i was a bit suprised when i got over 50/50 mix in the albino. i figured it would be majority of the babies green because in most thing albino is recessive and both have to carry the gene to produce albino. not sure how i would get brown from a green though so could you explain that one?

L144 is not common its the blue eye bn. believe me i got ripped a new on on planet cat fish about that topic lol. the green male and albino long fin female gave me at least 75% albino out of it. i saw very few greens come from the cross. and he had crossed it with other colors that never produced albino. as or the the L144 and green not sure what will come from it because these are pure L144 no other color in them. same with the greens they were from wild stock and never crossed with other colors. so there should not be a brown in the mix either way. i got backgrounds when i got these fish and know back grounds. yes i was a bit suprised when i got over 50/50 mix in the albino. i figured it would be majority of the babies green because in most thing albino is recessive and both have to carry the gene to produce albino. not sure how i would get brown from a green though so could you explain that one?

If you have the "real" L144 with actual blue eyes they are super rare almost completely disappeared from the hobby. Most have the more common black eye version which is the leucistic form of the common bn. If you look at the vid I posted earlier thats what they are. With the real form I dont know what you would get. Both the pseudo L144 (aka lemon bn) and the green dragon have been line bred outta commons as far as I'm aware neither of which actually occur in the wild. I could be wrong but thats what I have read.

• 3 weeks later...

well i have a lone baby from the abn long fin and male green breeding. i did a water change and cleaned the filter and there it be. nice and fat. a little on the small side since i have not cleaned the filter in at least a month lol. it will be going in the 1.5 gal cube for the time being. the apistos wont get my last one. and its a green too woooo. im hoping it will be a long fin but not able to tell yet as its only about 1/2 inch long still