Spec forest

Subtletanks91

I set out with my fluval spec last October and started with floramax, switched to azoo, and then finally got some Ada and set it up the way I had a vision for it. The plants in this tank are doing amazing but I would like some input and help for some issues I'm having.

Setup;

Fluval spec 2

Ada Amazonia

Manzanita

Stock filter pump

Cone glass diffuser

Fluval 20gram co2

Dragon stone

Diy spray bar

Ista check valve

Finnex epoch 26w cfl

Plants;

Rotala h ra

Mini bolbitis

Glosso

Crypt parva

Parameters;

Ph 6.4

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 10ppm

Nitrite 0

Gh 5

Kh0

Fauna;

3 male endlers

Two Amanos

One nerite

I'm having some trouble with bba and staghorn although the plants are giving amazing growth. I think the problem may be the light is too strong, but if have raised it to 6 inches off the water surface. Distance between light and substrate is maybe 14"

I have been dosing exel at 1ml every day to keep algae under control. And I dose ferts at .5ml micro and macro pps pro.

post-90-0-91508800-1394905656_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-95060000-1394905669_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-65455000-1394905683_thumb.jpg

Yes, all the plants are fine and un harmed. There was some false pearling when the peroxide was cycled through the tank other than that no harm. I used 1/2 tbs peroxide and 1ml of excel in concession to the peroxide after the water change. The algae is literally starting to disappear. Bba and staghorn. The diatoms on the glass are still there but that's not an issue for me whatsoever

• 5 weeks later...