RO Systems ... any advice and recommendations ?

Salutations shrimpers, Anybody have any advice to share on this? I will have 3 tanks by the time I purchase the ro filtration system. A total of 40 gallons , 10 / 10 / 20 , and will do weekly top offs at 8 gallons a week im set mating, prolly a lil more, but those will be my needs. I dont want to waste time and gas going to the store for refills of water.. so wht do you all think? What works for you, what does the job and what excels or is overkill? I would like to stay around a 100 but will go to 150 dollars if its worth it.

Thanks in advance for the input :D !

I went with purewaterclub.com .  I like it and haven't looked back.

I *do* want to encourage you to get the plastic wrench as well if you decide on one from there.  That cheap plastic wrench is worth it's weight in gold!

+1 ! i went with a 4 stage portable unit and love it. it states you need about 35psi and even with my moms low flow kitchen sink it worked. works great in my new house. since i rent i cant get an inline unit and love the idea or portable. i did get the wrench and have not had to use it yet but a good thing for in the future. 

Yup, I got one for purewaterclub also!

Ive had it for over 2 years.. and had no issues with it at all.

I did have low water pressure under 30 and I needed a boost pump so i could make water quick enough for my likings haha.

But the RO units there are cheap enough that getting a boost pump didnt bother me.

It wasn't from Pure water club.

It was from that Canada vendor on TPT. But I got it from someone in NY who bought it and never used it so I got it for even cheaper I think $70 shipped.

I fill a 33g trash bin in about 8-10hrs?

I know I can fill half of it in about 4-5hrs.

Then I use a water pump to fill 5g buckets.

Let that sit so it can get to room temp and mixing purposes.

In line with your Ro unit.

So the water tubing coming from your water source goes into the booster pump first then you put a line out which goes into your Ro unit and so forth.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I checked out the website and the pricing is well within my budget. This is a big purchase for me so I wanted to get it right and I will take your advice SoothingShrimp and get the plastic wrench when I place my order probably by the end of the week. Will let you guys know what I end up getting when it arrives.

Thanks again shrimpers!

Don't forget to change the prefilters regularly ! They're cheaper than the TFC/TFM membrane. Depending on your tap water you might need to change them sooner but a 6 month period is recommended regardless of their wear.

Bulkreefsupply for sure.

this is the exact system I use.

I LOVE the built in digital TDS meter.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-5-stage-water-saver-plus-ro-di-system-150gpd.html

If I was a homeowner id be all over that, especially if it took out the fluoride. I really like the built in TDS meter too. How long have you had yours boston?

If I was a homeowner id be all over that, especially if it took out the fluoride. I really like the built in TDS meter too. How long have you had yours boston?

I rent and apt in LA. I mounted it to a piece of wood so its a little more mobile and i hide it when not being used.

I've been using it for about 3-4months now with 0 issues. i make about 30-40gallons every 2 weeks right now because i'm cycling new shrimp racks. I expect about half that once thigns are cycled and its just small water changes and top offs from fans during the summer months.