OEBT Bacterial infection?

Shrimpscales

I noticed one my tiger shrimp being bullied by other shrimp. On closer inspection i saw she had legs and antennae missing. My heart sank, the dreaded oebt bacterial infection. I quarantined the affected shrimp in a net breeder and started a melafix treatment. All the other shrimp look fine so far. (fingers crossed) What else can i do? Will the infected shrimp survive? Will the entire colony survive?

post-471-0-26774600-1416885396_thumb.jpg

post-471-0-73347200-1416885407_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

The answer to this sounds like yes but just want to make sure by clarifying: a bacterial infection started with OEBT would then go on to spread to the rest of the tank, including neos. And would this affect fish as well?

I'm not certain if they can go to fish. As for the shrimp, I have tigers and neos in the same setup. I've had some infections hit both types. I've had them hit only certain strains of neos and not others, and the same with the tigers. So in my opinion, yes, they can cross from neo to tiger but won't always.

I have great success with a UV filter. It totally clear out all the bacteria in my water. It probably won't cure your infected shrimps, but it can protect the rest from being infected over water.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk