Stopping filter

Would there be any kind of oxygenation or something moving the water around while the filter is off? The plants should be converting the Co2 to oxygen. I would think the only issue would be oxygen levels and not waste conversion.  How would you be regulating the Co2?  

I would think that you would be fine to stop the filter assuming the co2 levels are relatively low.  I have heard many people say that the benefit from DIY Co2 does not warrant the time and effort to use a DIY system.  But if you are like me, the idea of doing it myself instead of purchasing a kit is much more appealing.  I would like to hear some other members input on this as well.

That is very true it can explode if the bottle/s get to max pressure...

BUT... soda bottles can handle more pressure 

That is very true it can explode if the bottle/s get to max pressure...

BUT... soda bottles can handle more pressure

thats why i choose to use the soda bottle cause it can handle more pressure than normal water bottle. i cant remember how much pressure in bar unit. however, using the soda bottle for co2. the explosion of the bottle will never happen!

Ken J.

im sure the soda bottle will never explode cuz it can take large amount of pressure and definitely will take more pressure than this thin little air tube 49473eb9cb1b72400ccb2da342441b45.jpg

the place where i connect the air tube can take around 1.5 bars of pressure and if from what i have been researching the soda bottle could take up to 3 bars of pressure( correct me if im wrong im not sure also;). ) so lets say that you turn off your control valve for 24hrs and the co2 has been building up inside the bottle and the air tube from the chemical reaction. at one point or another when the pressure inside the bottle has be reaches 1.5 bar the air tube will disconnect from the lid of the soda bottle causing an airhole onto both bottle then pressure will starts to drop down!

Ken J.

NO!!! 20 guppies in a 10g? Is overstcked and stoping the filter will definetly cause problems, if this was a 20g with 20 fish It would probaly be fine, but personaly I would never stop my filter for this wrong unless ij was forced too, it can cause problems with the cycle because some of the bacteria will dry out and will die and can cause a mini cycle.