raising ph

I thought with amazonia, if you bump PH up, the soil would just bring it back down? o.o

I use UP sand, and it goes to 5ish naturally.  So I add a pinch of baking soda to bring up the ph.  It will go back down, but very slowly and takes time.  Then just bump it up again.

Amazonia is about 5 months old so not sure if it is the new amazonia. and I use a 5 stage RO/DI and I remineralize with Blue diamond. All four tanks in rack are set up the same way  and they vary from 5.0 PH to 5.2. Thinking the PH is a little low or maybe it isnt.

The bag would have said New Amazonia I belive I read that it has a lower Ph than Amazonia. I know you can attempt to buffer up by putting some crushed coral in a filter compartment.  You could also mix tap water that might raise the Ph but it will also wear out the buffering capacity of the soil faster.

The bag would have said New Amazonia I belive I read that it has a lower Ph than Amazonia. I know you can attempt to buffer up by putting some crushed coral in a filter compartment.  You could also mix tap water that might raise the Ph but it will also wear out the buffering capacity of the soil faster.

They don't label "New" Amazonia as New Amazonia anymore, just Amazonia.

I have had same problem as yours and I have tried many ways to raise up PH ! I put MOSURA TDS UP,mix tap water,put some coral into the filter ! They work but just for a while. The soil will low it down again. I can't find any better solution,safe and last longer :(