Found the Bloody Mary With What Looks Like a Problem!

Well, I just checked my tank and there sat this guy...he definitely has something going on but WHAT?  I have no idea what to do to help him or to keep this from affecting all the shrimp in my tank!  I have isolated the shrimp and can do whatever I need to but I need help knowing what to do!!  A)  I have lots of shrimp in there and don't want to loose them or the berried females and B) is there anything I can do to help this guy. 

He seems to be acting normally but this spot is larger than when I first saw it and it sort of looks like his shell is split where the spot is.

Has this happened to anyone else?  What did you do?

Thanks for any help!

post-538-0-88636300-1417729077_thumb.jpg

post-538-0-74812600-1417729089_thumb.jpg

How would you treat the water and would you keep this shrimp isolated?  In looking up Paraguard it is rated as safe for shrimp...would you use that in tank?  I have never noticed this before and I scope them out pretty obsessively.

The shrimp seems pretty active...I just don't want to infect the others if this is bacterial.  I had also read that you need to do 80% water changes every day for about 10 days to keep bacteria count down.  That just seems like it would cause a lot of moulting issue and I do have berried female Bloody Marys in there.  What would you do?

Thanks, soothing!  I had already taken her out and was pretty sure I didn't want to reintroduce her to the tank.  I do know this just happened because I moved all the Bloody Marys to their present tank less than a week ago and I would have seen this then.  Do you have any advise on what I should do as far as increasing resistance to whatever she had for the rest of the tank?  I am doing the Betaglucan (Glasgarten) and can increase the tannins with Mosura Rich Water.  I also have the IAL and aldercones.  I have pretty many of the Mosura products if there are any you would use in conjunction with the Glasgarten.  I would like someone with more experience than I have to let me know if I can mix these different brands as I know that can sometimes be risky!

Truthfully, I think I would hold off dosing much of anything.  If you see any other shrimp having a problem, then you can think about dosing.  However anything you dose changes the environment, and really you want the environment to be as stable as possible since you just moved them a week ago.

Soothing...I just had to take out another Bloody Mary that had the broken antennae and something going on with the tail...it was barely alive anyway.  I still have the first one I took out (above) in separate container and he is frisky but still has the spot.  What, if anything, should I do with the tank?  I put some Glasgarten Betaglucan in there as soon as I got the second affected shrimp out.  Anything else you would do?

Thanks soothing. I will do that. Now I know why so many shrimp keepers don't plant their tanks heavily. This tank is heavily planted and it is hard to see the whole colony...I will dose with tannins and see how it goes.