Newbie friendly other than Neos

EbiBunBun

I'm keeping Pumpkins and am wanting a companion shrimp so to speak but I am still new to this and am not able to do anything other than tap water etc. in my tanks my pH is 8.2 and hardness at 10. I am looking at Indian Tigers, Baubalti or Malawa shrimp. Which would be best for my parameters and experience level?

Yes, they seem ideal. And I was reading on an aquabid listing that they are less shy and more active. Which I would love to see and I kinda like the wild looking shrimp too. Not many places have them for sale, are they not as popular in the US because they aren't so fancy colored?

Do the Malawas like all the same leaves etc? I have been using oak, guava and banana (I have these in my yard) I have yet to try almond leaves, but am hoping to try those soon.

Since I already have orange shrimp I'm kind kinda wanting something really different. And for that money I could splurge on some kind of blue ones! The Blue Diamonds seem like a lot of fun since you get lots of different colors. How do you not end up with all the colors, seriously its hard to choose!