MK food question

After reading discussion here on how minerals in foods/water increases health and in turn increases color, my mind may be changing about using color enhancing foods for shrimp (other than neos.  Seen too many neos messed up with color enhancers.)

So, since I have the members here to thank for opening my mind a bit, I also have a question to ask.

Several people have been very happy with MK black diamond, and MK red diamond.  Each is supposed to increase the color of black and red respectively.

Is there a problem if the black crystals/TB eat the red diamond, or the red crystals/TB eat the black diamond?  I don't want to chance muddying my shrimp colors.

Is there a problem if the black crystals/TB eat the red diamond, or the red crystals/TB eat the black diamond?  I don't want to chance muddying my shrimp colors.

this is exactly why "color" foods just silly to me.  in your example will CRS turn black eating only black diamond? probably not.

this goes back to the "white" foods, which we've all used and nobody has really said "OMG my shrimp are so white now"  

I'm thinking that the red may have minerals to work on red pigment more, and black to work on black more?  However this is just an uneducated guess.

Going along with what you are saying boston, I still think genetics are the biggest key role in color. ;)

I would imagine it would work along those lines.  The specific trace elements in each food could interact within a black or red shrimps body to enhance the way those pigments are displayed. 

MK Breed Red Diamond and Black Diamond contains different colour enhancing ingredients, however, most are common so it won't make your red shrimps black or vice versa.

Another important factor is Black Diamond is designed for black/blue shrimps, mainly black/blue TB that normally grow slower, so it has slightly different protein composition and better patatability than the Red Diamond, to achieve a faster growth rate, not just the colour enhancing part.

"...it won't make your red shrimps black or vice versa."

heh  I didn't think it would necessarily make them black or red, as much as cause unwanted brown tones. ;)

Awesome to know I can use both interchangeably with no unwanted side effects though.  Thanks!

"...it won't make your red shrimps black or vice versa."

heh  I didn't think it would necessarily make them black or red, as much as cause unwanted brown tones. ;)

Awesome to know I can use both interchangeably with no unwanted side effects though.  Thanks!

I do feed my red shrimps black diamond and black shrimps red diamond on the odd days. And I have stopped entirely on veggies because that's too much work.