MK golden same as AE?

I don't think bio film has to be visible.

MK BREED Golden powder contains enzyme, bacteria that helps shrimps digestive system, and stuff like chitin and vitamin. Not only it aims to help shrimps' internal, it also helps to provide a more nourish microorganism colony in your tank that I think is vital for shrimps.

The ingredients are very similar:

AE: Amino acids, polysaccarides, xylanase, glucanase, amylase, protease, hemicellulase, Bacillus subtilis, Pediococcus acidilactici (Lactobacillus)

Golden: lactic acid bacteria, yeast, Bacillus subtilis, grass bacillus, chitin, vitamins, minerals, and amino acid.

You are on the same wavelength as I.  Today I was searching ebay for various powders that could be used.  Lactobacillus and various forms of Bacillus and amino acids were found for example.

With so many tanks, I'm just going through the AE so fast, I'm afraid I'm going to have to come up with a homemade version to keep cost low.

I think I'll start a thread for us members to combine our heads to come up with our own cheap recipe.