Coolest New Shrimp Rack

I know I need photos of this and I will post them as soon as I go back upstairs but I had to tell you guys about this rack.  Lowe's had these black heavy duty pvc or some type of non metal module sets that you build shelves with using 2x4s.  You can set it up as long as you want with shelves at whatever height.  They are super sturdy and the only thing you are limited with is width of the shelf.  I use 10g tanks and have loads of room behind them for the enormo AquaClear HOBs as well as a surge protecter with timer on it for lights.  We put a layer of very thin plywood covering each shelf to distribute weight evenly but anything (like foam) would work.  I have this in an extra bedroom and I have to say they look good in there.  I left the wood raw and it's kind of a cool look.  The modules are made so that you fit the ends of the 2x4s in them...no need for making extra cuts for bracing.  They were up in no time!  My husband builds custom furniture and redoes old wooden boats so he believes in overkill on everything and he couldn't believe how great these were.  Photos to come!

So here are the pics.  I haven't finished setting up the tanks...waiting for Petco sale...but one is almost cycled and one I am just starting.  This will be my caridina and breeding area.  This is on carpeting and has no wobbling...very stable.  Forgive mess...it will look great when all is finished.

post-538-0-25122000-1419268087_thumb.jpg

post-538-0-22277200-1419268105_thumb.jpg

post-538-0-93154300-1419268127_thumb.jpg

Forgot to say that you can just keep on adding to this unit so I guess they sky's the limit!  Or...my husband's patience is the limit!!

One more thing...it definitely is not sagging in middle...we check w/level.  It's just the angle of the camera I guess.

Thanks, aquariumlover10!  Yes...I will be able to fit 6 10g on those two shelves so I'm excited.

You can just put a bracket every three feet or so..not as great for bottom shelves because that takes up space..but these things are like Tinker Toys..you can just keep adding.  Also, I like the option to have a shelf higher than current top one.  Wish I had invented these!

I found them at Northern Tool also and here is the link.  Well...it's not letting me copy the live link so here is the info:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_352890_352890

They are 27.99 here.  They call them "2X4 Basics Shelf Links".  Hope this helps!