Pika's First 10g Shrimp Tank!

Pika

It's been ages since I updated! Things have been wonderfully stable, just changing out plants here and there. And added my Tiki. :-D I haven't been culling though, as population was still gradually increasing, so my guys are mostly Sakura grade or lower. About time to start culling for coverage again, though I don't know what I'll do with the culls. :( Maybe the cull vase can come back out and be more successful. The Ramshorn passed some time back, and I haven't replaced him. Want to, just need to find someone offering a singleton, as I don't need a lot. The MTS have been going gangbusters, and I'm having to squish them (which the shrimp LOVE) to keep them in check.

Haven't been using ferts for a while, and I cleaned out my floaters several months ago, as they were annoying me, and getting fed on by too many seed shrimp I didn't want to see. So now I've got more green spot algae, though no more BBA outbreaks. (There are some fluffs here or there, but nothing like before, and they die easily with H2O2.) Guess that means I need new floaters or better, to somehow decrease the intensity of my light. Raising, adding layers of acrylic, something seems in order. It's only on 7h a day, and I do like getting to see my guys, don't want to shut them off all the time!

b1a184d91f573884edecb4edee20a8b2_zpstyzg

d0b8b12463d307f65ed2d662951add0d_zps1o9n

ee1ebf66fc45f4a86c7aaf64631e8cfc_zpskbgd