GLA 17G Shrimps Tank

junglefowl

Very nice scaping, drift still not sunk? Do you pump Co2 into the tank?

Thanks! I don't pump CO2 in the tank, tried to keep it low tech no CO2 for the shrimps only.

And I almost forgot if the driftwood is sunk or not haha, I just left it as is. I need to check if I can get the rocks out and put some moss on

I finally see babies 2 days ago! And they're freaking small can even take photos with the macro's phone. Don't know how many babies, they're probably hiding. Max I can count is 5. THEY'RE TINY!!!

Still have for pregnant mommas on the way!

2 months ago I bought 20+ CRS and 10+ CBS (all SS-SSS grade)...

1 month later 6 of the CBS started carrying eggs...

Last week, I found babies everywhere (about 20+ babies shrimps) and they are: blue bolts, shadow panda, golden, CRS/CBS and probably some different types...

Now I have a mischlings tank [emoji19][emoji19]...very suprised but more happy [emoji5]️[emoji5]️ when I see almost 4-5 baby shadow panda running around

C4F94B7F-6391-4D26-8AE6-09C2FBF4B4E0_zps

E7932F91-73F9-4A50-B573-E0F6DC9FE194_zps

2A2F9F26-76F5-4535-A684-BCA13D19F5BF_zps

3430763B-B9CB-445C-AA6B-2BE6AC9956D4_zps

4E7FF791-3894-4758-9E6F-BC490F2F8291_zps

Yup! They must have really good gene to have shadow panda. There're still 3 more mommas ready to give babies. I'm excited to have all shrimps going around. [emoji38][emoji38]

Loved your journal and tank setup man !

Up until now, do you had any casualties ? (I meant dead shrimps) And what did you feed the shrimplet? do you use product such as bacter AE or somethin

Thanks! I think I have a few shrimps that disappear according to my counting. But I've never seen any dead body. I even check outside of thetank to see if the shrimps jumped out but nothing. My guess is some died and the others took care of the body.

I feed them mosura graze (snow flake), tantora mulberry leaves, and a few product from lowkey, benibachi, and mosura. They would eat everything I put in :)

I don't have bacter AE. Right now, what I use for bacteria is Biodigest, this stuff:

EF901B60-9A9E-4DB9-988D-9715E7AC4674_zps

Great shrimps and congrats! And btw what moss is that on the first photo on your recent post. Is it queens moss?

Thanks! That is Minitaiwan moss, very beautiful one for aquascaping ;)

Now I only use 1 vial every month or so to improve the bacteria system.

When I started this tank, I used a couple vials and it really speed up the cycle.

I just left the vial in there over night and take it out in the morning :).

0574BFFA-3448-40BC-8549-BD8B6318758D_zps

I really like your setup and it seems to be bringing you much success! How many TB did you end up with?

Thanks! This is my first bee shrimps setup and I believe I learned from the best :)!

There're at least 30 babies. I counted 2x blue bolts, 6x shadow panda, 10x golden and the rest is CRS/CBS. And some of them need to grow a little bit bigger to really know what they are lol.

Can't wait to see momma give births again.

Wow your shrimps seems to enjoying your tank, they breed alot eh.

I just realized from your pic that the stone that you using for sinking the driftwood carry alot of hydra, have you remove those creature too? on other thread, hydra a quite dangerous for shrimps.

Yup it was about 2 months ago, my tank got infected with hydras. Very bad! Hydras was everywhere on rocks, glass, and plants. It hurts to see my shrimps got stinging. And I treated the tank with Fenbendazole, all the hydras are gone.

Now the baby shrimps can enjoy on the rocks :)

A80E2EFA-F19D-4505-9E7F-9D01BD68DA78_zps

Hi junglefowl, hows your tank doing ? and did the shrimplet grows healthy

I've also putting a prodibio on my tank, I think i have issues with minim bacteria in my tank. and the question is, how much did you do a WC? did you do it weekly. since you only adding 1 vial for each month rite?

Hi junglefowl, hows your tank doing ? and did the shrimplet grows healthy

I've also putting a prodibio on my tank, I think i have issues with minim bacteria in my tank. and the question is, how much did you do a WC? did you do it weekly. since you only adding 1 vial for each month rite?

Shrimps are doing well! Some babies are getting bigger and have solid color.

I only do 10% WC every other week...only to remove some hair algea that grow on the glass and moss. Mostly I have to top off the water that evaporated. With 2 canister filters running and using seachem denitrat, matrix and substrat pro, it really helps with bacteria and control the NO3 in the tank.

• 3 weeks later...