Hemorrhagic Septicemia

OMG Aquatics

Not seeing any other replies, so here are my two cents:

Hospital tank ASAP. Check water quality.

Once a bacterial infection, if that is what it is, has hit the blood, it is quite dicey. I can't tell from the photo, sorry. If you are sure, I would treat with an antibiotic.

If you are not sure, clean water and a mild amount of salt can be helpful in most cases. Guppies tolerate salt well.

I start with one teaspoon per 5 gallons. Not much at all, they can handle more, but I start there.

Aquarium salt or salt for mixing up saltwater/marine tanks? You can use table salt or kosher salt. I've actually kept guppies in low salinity brackish using Instant Ocean, but generally salt baths are not done with that salt.

the thing you have there. can be of more sorts not just bacterias (but probably implies also a second bacterial infection). In usual cases it is the best to take it to a fish disease person so that can be checked on microscope (it is called hautabstrich in german, and for me it was the standard procedure when i worked at valenta aquaristik in lower saxony).

and than you have the right and real answer. it is not ok trying to give diagnosis on diseases without making such a microscopic test. you could try omnipur S from SERA anyway in a quarantine tank, i would do so (as it covers most posibilities of germs you have on that animal)

You can use also Ektozon salt from Hobby. The temperature will not make any big difference. Always read exactly the instructions from these products and do exactly as it is written on them. Do not try to discover the world with them, just use them wisely (sorry for telling it so, but it is hard in this case to express in english what i mean, hope it is not offending)

Welp. Didn't expect Kensfish to have it but lucky they did. Basically every store has it sold out.

Mardel FW Maracyn-Two 

Hope this cures the fish.

What about the original tank? The disease/illness may have spread to other guppies?

So far it's been a day and I don't see any visible disease/illness in the original tank.

The quarantine tank, I think it looks like some cotton like thing is growing out of the guppy?

That sounds like columnaris, the hemorrhaging, and the fungus growth, you probably see sign of fin to too, treat with strong antibiotics, I would try colloidal silver is what treated mine, it's a natural antibiotic and it enhances color of the fish, but you will need to treat the original tank too, but if there shrimp in there make sure what your using won't effect them, and good luck, its a bad disease.

Umm, depends on what treatment, some will, for instance if you had to treat something with peroxide, it would kill mosses, rotal, ludwigia, marimos, and maybe floaters, but I'm not sure on the silver and plants it didn't kill any of mine that I know of, also go to the link I posted and search peroxide a place in the aquarium, my grandpa wrote it, it may help, but if not I could get him on here to help with dosing and such.

If only I had kens-premium-sinking-pellets-oxytetracycline-25mm, maybe it would have survived :(

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/fish-food-feeders/kens-premium-sinking-pellets-oxytetracycline-25mm.html

Really cheap too.

Any idea if any of those ingredients would change anything in the tank? Can I feed them this weekly or only for hospital tanks?

Sorry to hear that you lost the fish :( it sounds like that one was pretty sick and there wasn't much you could do.

I would check the parameters of the original tank for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. Get them under control. Get them on a more frequent water change schedule regardless of what the parameters are - you know you have an infectious agent in that tank.

I hesitate to medicate with an antibiotic if there is no illness. The second reason I would also hesitate is that the tetracycline class drugs are known to be problematic if the drug is past its expiration date.