uhh.. Scammers...

OMG Aquatics

I just don't get scammers.

If you're going to scam, at least do it right.

I have a buyer on eBay that claims their package got crushed and showed pics.

I shipped it in a 6x4x4 corrugated box, 200lb crush tested.

Of course I doubt that it's 200 lb crush tested so I just made a box and stepped on it. I'm 110lb and it didn't even make a dent on the box so I guess it's probably 200 lb crush tested. With the pictures provided, it look like someone cut the box. 200 lb crush boxes don't look like someone ripped it. Since when did crushed boxes look like someone ripped it? 

264hv0j.jpg

Anyone got a good idea as to how I should proceed. Obviously he's a scammer and if I say that to him straight up, they would do nasty things.

I've dealt with many scammers before but at least they don't make it where you can prove their scamming...

little devils advocate...... what makes you so sure he did that and he actually didnt receive it that way?  you really have no clue what happens to a box between you and him.

I'm trying to contact his post office and speak with his carrier.

Last time I checked, when an item is damaged during transit, you get a pathetic "We Care" message from your postmaster saying their sorry it was damaged, etc.

I just got one of those messages on one of my returns just a few days ago.

not sure what to say..

when you crush a box, all they do is bent.

Since when could you crush a box and have it rip?

The interesting thing is they say the breather bag is all dried up yet his finger is wet and the plants that came with it is solid green :)

Small boxes do have a tendency to rip when crushed, something has to give and with little area for the panels to bend the box pops.  Larger boxes dent and crush while staying intact. Just my experience, I worked at Home Depot handling freight for almost 10 years. 

Small boxes do have a tendency to rip when crushed, something has to give and with little area for the panels to bend the box pops.  Larger boxes dent and crush while staying intact. Just my experience, I worked at Home Depot handling freight for almost 10 years. 

Boxes depend on crush resistance. 

I'm still trying to think of a way how the box rips in a L shape.

I just can't think of a way for the rip to be in the middle.

They have a very busy post office. No one's picking up :(

You can contact the PO and typically they will cover the damages. However, it does look ripped from that photo.

I'd tell the buyer they need to work with their local PO to get the insurance $$ to cover the damages and that you will work with them. 

Hopefully the package was sent with insurance

Poopians, when I was selling on Amazon for a short time, I finally had to set aside my mindset of "this was legit" or "this was scam."  It was driving me crazy, and in the end I just did what most online stores set aside misc cost for.  Ended up replacing the items on face value of the complaint.

I lost some money, but gained more customers when I did that.

Poopians, when I was selling on Amazon for a short time, I finally had to set aside my mindset of "this was legit" or "this was scam."  It was driving me crazy, and in the end I just did what most online stores set aside misc cost for.  Ended up replacing the items on face value of the complaint.

I lost some money, but gained more customers when I did that.

Yah.

Selling on Amazon drives people mad.

The most famous scam on Amazon is Item not received despite tracking showing delivered.

I easily get these scammers off my back by simply telling them I will start an investigation with the US Postal Inspectors. Never hear a response or claim from them ever again. It's crazy how out of every 100 orders at least, 3-5 claim not received. You don't see this on another venues.

I'm trying to believe this buyer but that rip is just... 

You can contact the PO and typically they will cover the damages. However, it does look ripped from that photo.

I'd tell the buyer they need to work with their local PO to get the insurance $$ to cover the damages and that you will work with them. 

Hopefully the package was sent with insurance

No insurance was purchased but if the carrier can confirm it was delivered like that, I'm more than willing to offer a refund/replacement. This buyer just left negative feedback for another seller claiming they bought 30 shrimp and half arrived dead but the listing shows they are purchasing 10... either buyer has bad luck or ...

I've had USPS deliver mail that was nearly shredded and they put a sticky thing on it basically basically saying 'sorry we trashed your mail'. Didn't make it better but I knew where the blame went.

No idea about this one and have never been a seller, but as a very frequent ebay and amazon buyer I have sucked it up and accepted less than quality product (through ebay) just because I didn't want the hassle of them not believing me... etc  I know the true scammers have ruined it but crazy stuff does happen.

Had a vendor that I bought something through amazon that I'm still dealing with. I also had USPS post on amazon that they delivered a package last week directly to my mailbox. I waited two days, checked with my manager and finally contacted Amazon and said I never received. They sent a replacement and when I got that one I knew there was NO way they put that thing inside my mailbox. The comment on this one was that it was personally handed to person at office. 

So it's hard to know often times, but I agree it's best to offer a replacement - if they show pics that the plant is ruined.

I've had plants come in rather beat up and as long as I could salvage them I have not complained - I am way too soft that way. Guess it comes from being yelled at by customers on a daily basis. lol

I've had USPS deliver mail that was nearly shredded and they put a sticky thing on it basically basically saying 'sorry we trashed your mail'. Didn't make it better but I knew where the blame went.

No idea about this one and have never been a seller, but as a very frequent ebay and amazon buyer I have sucked it up and accepted less than quality product (through ebay) just because I didn't want the hassle of them not believing me... etc  I know the true scammers have ruined it but crazy stuff does happen.

Had a vendor that I bought something through amazon that I'm still dealing with. I also had USPS post on amazon that they delivered a package last week directly to my mailbox. I waited two days, checked with my manager and finally contacted Amazon and said I never received. They sent a replacement and when I got that one I knew there was NO way they put that thing inside my mailbox. The comment on this one was that it was personally handed to person at office. 

So it's hard to know often times, but I agree it's best to offer a replacement - if they show pics that the plant is ruined.

I've had plants come in rather beat up and as long as I could salvage them I have not complained - I am way too soft that way. Guess it comes from being yelled at by customers on a daily basis. lol

"I've had USPS deliver mail that was nearly shredded and they put a sticky thing on it basically basically saying 'sorry we trashed your mail'. Didn't make it better but I knew where the blame went."

Yes. USPS postmaster does this for all packaged mail. 

I requested this from the buyer and he said he doesn't have it and will report me.

When my return was damaged, I got it. When my mom's check in the mail was teared, I got it. So why didn't the buyer get one? The damage is so visible.

You won't win with live goods or plants on ebay. It is actually at your own risk selling those items. I have recieved things from USPS with a label saying sorry, but I have also recieved crushed soaking wet boxes with nothing on them or even a notice.

I recently rcvd a plant via mail that someone just put in a baggie and then a regular envelope. The envelope was half soaked and falling apart. I got no sticker on that from USPS but the plant was still alive so ... not the best way to ship a plant, but it made it.

It's open to scammers on both ends, selling and buying sadly. Ebay (like amazon) will nearly always side with the buyer because they are buying more than just your goods (at least that's my thought).

Dishonesty on either side makes me so angry, it's like honor means nothing anymore... rant over