Skrimp skrimp hooray! Ravensgate here:)

ravensgate

Sooooooooo excited to have a shrimp specific forum!  Seems like so many are either not in English, slow to no activity or ridiculously moderated.  Glad we have a friendly, supportive place to hang now.  WOOHOO!  My name is Jaime, I'm 36 yrs old, live in Middle TN with my hubby and kiddo (2 dogs, 2 cats, and tanks!).  We have 140 acre farm surrounded by state park property where I have 6 beautiful horses and 3 farm dogs (we live about 10 miles from this farm) and where I grow a lot of cool stuff for shrimpies (Mulberry, stinging nettle, raspberry, etc).  I currently have 4 tanks, 3 are shrimp tanks.  I am focused mainly on Tibees right at this moment but just got in a lot of cool Taiwans so my focus may shift;)  I have neos, OEBTs, amanos, green babaultis, Tibees, tangerine tiger hybrids, Taiwans, CRS, CBS, Goldens and mischlings. I got into the hobby almost 2 years ago and if my hubby didn't constantly put his foot down I would have FAR more tanks in this house;)  Glad to be here and see familiar, friendly faces!

Wish I had a big farm :)

Someone is living the good life!

Welcome and nice to e-meet you. 

What sizes are your tanks? How did you become hooked on shrimp keeping?

I have a 12 Gallon Mr Aqua long, a regular 10 gallon, and a 3 gallon Deep  Blue tank.  Those are the shrimp tanks.  In a perfect world I'd like to have at least 2 more by Spring.  A 20G breeder and another 3 gallon project tank.   It all started when I bought some ghost shrimp a couple of years ago to put in with my betta.  He started killing them after a week or so of being fine.  I bought a new tank just for them because I realized I enjoyed the shrimp far more than I did the fish;)  After they died I moved into cherry shrimp and the rest is history.  Heehee:)

I am a big fan of the 15gal sized tank.  It is 24"x12"x12" and fits nicely edgewise on the 24" deep racks that you can find at Home Depot

I'm a big fan of 15gallon longs but they are impossible to find local.  Heck, I'd rather just have some half 15s or half 29s, don't need the height really:)  20G long seem to be easier to find whole setups for locally for under $75 (filter, hood, stand, tank)

Ya I had to buy mine new and they were like 45 each and didn't qualify for the $1/gal sale that Petco does but I can fit more of them in my space so that was worth the expense.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk