Blue Velvets are here!!! And alive!!!! :-)

Crazyfishlady

I posted more in my journal but I'm so relieved and excited I had to post here. :)

I am calling them "Super" BVs just because they survived (oh and the heat pack was still warm after 6 days... wow).

Thank you Soothing!! Their colors are already beautiful so I can only imagine what they will look like once they settle in! Oh and I nice surprise of some snowflake food!

Now... I need a serious drink... ha ha

post-507-0-34503200-1423339934_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-90095400-1423339934_thumb.jpg

6 Days??????  Did they get lost in the mail?

They were... "delayed" grrrr. They left the original facility on Monday morning. spent 2 days in "no update" land.. then another 2+ in "shipping delayed" land. They were shipped 2 day priority... yea... about that... 

They were... "delayed" grrrr. They left the original facility on Monday morning. spent 2 days in "no update" land.. then another 2+ in "shipping delayed" land. They were shipped 2 day priority... yea... about that... 

i ship a lot,when it gets sent to wrong city/state they are in no hurry to get the package on a plane to the right place.

recently i ordered some Marimo balls from Florida.

it took 11 days for a fist class package,9 days of it in Florida. :growl:

glad you got them ok.

Why do sellers keep sending through the post office if there is so much shipping nightmares.  US post office has the worst record when it comes to tracking packages.  They never arrive when they are supposed to.  It takes all fingers and toes crossed and 25 prayers to hope that the shrimp arrive as addressed..  Why not use FedEx or UPS - so much more dependable that US postal service.

Why do sellers keep sending through the post office if there is so much shipping nightmares.  US post office has the worst record when it comes to tracking packages.  They never arrive when they are supposed to.  It takes all fingers and toes crossed and 25 prayers to hope that the shrimp arrive as addressed..  Why not use FedEx or UPS - so much more dependable that US postal service.

Because USPS is the cheapest shipping method even if unreliable.

UPS and FedEx have money back guarantee on their shipments which means very reliable but cost heavily unless a bulk shipper.

USPS would cost NY - CA 

Priority Mail 2 day - $7 1lb

UPS would cost NY - CA

UPS 2nd Day - $32 1lb

UPS 3 Day - $25 1lb

If USPS were to release the statistics of their on time delivery percentage, they would be embarrassed. 

USPS is also closing 83 sorting facilities this year 2015.

Expect even worst on time delivery because of this.