tank stand - bigger than tank

It's more of a "how to prepare for MTS in the long run" thread.

I am trying very hard to only get livestock that will be happy in the two tanks I have set up right now. I promised my 5.5 and my 75 gallon to a friend and I don't have the money for more anyway. But I keep thinking, gee, these shrimp or that plant would be awesome and I could totally do a stack of 10 gallons on the opposite wall.

It's more of a "how to prepare for MTS in the long run" thread.

I am trying very hard to only get livestock that will be happy in the two tanks I have set up right now. I promised my 5.5 and my 75 gallon to a friend and I don't have the money for more anyway. But I keep thinking, gee, these shrimp or that plant would be awesome and I could totally do a stack of 10 gallons on the opposite wall.

Yea... it's a dangerous 'hobby' isn't it? lol

So - went to the hardware store for lunch - had a few guys debating on the best wood for the stand. I finally picked something better... cuz I'm a girl. lol  It's 3/4'' thick pine. Then I got waterproof staining and it's drying now. This should do the trick right?

I also set up an emergency 'critter keeper' tank just in case...

post-507-0-93011300-1425521862_thumb.jpg

And... as is my luck... this is the one shipment that is arriving on time - go figure. Shrimp are supposed to arrive today and according to the usps site, they will be. So... the shrimp I was ready/prepared for got serious delays but these... on time. ugh