Silent and tiny air pump

2 of my 10 gallon tanks are in my, rather small, bedroom. The first tank wasn't too bad, sound wise, but when I added the 2nd I had to sleep with ear plugs for a few nights until I could adjust to the sound.

I don't mind the water sound, it was the sound of the pumps. They are the whisper quiet but in a small space it was a bit much.

I found these http://www.ebay.com/itm/290960337065?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  and decided to give it a shot. I bought 2 and got them last night.

WOW - nearly completely silent!

I do think it's a bit weaker than the pump I had, but I had a 20 pump on it and these are made for a 10 gallon so that make sense.

I'll attach pics later but I decided to use both on the louder tank right now until I play with the outflow.

I slept a lot better last night, even with two of them on the tank all I could hear was the water. The whole 'pump' is smaller than the palm of my hand and it actually just suction cups on to the outside of the tank.

I don't mind the hum for the most part but the hum of 2 pumps, 2 sponge filters and 2 airstones in a very small room was a bit much. The one pump was much louder than the other.

Greenteam, I agree, sometimes the bubbles can get to me too. Don't know why, but sometimes they seem way louder than other times.

I'm the type that likes to sleep in a very dark, very quiet room, but I have adjusted somewhat, ha ha