Anyone heard or used this product?

It appears to be a way more concentrated dry version of Prime.

If I'm going to be recharging Purigen every 2 weeks, obviously I'd like the cheapest way.

Looks like $17.50 for 250g Safe can treat 62500 gallons of water for chlorine and chloramine.

(even cheaper if you get the 1000g Safe, only ~$30)

~$13.00 for 500mL Prime can only treat 5000 gallons of water.

Do the math and obviously you'll be saving a crap load if using Safe.

Interesting...

"Based on the amount of Prime needed in regenerations relative to the concentration of Safe, you would need approximately 1 gram of Safe per cup of water to neutralize the hypochlorite bleach solution per instructions listed to regenerate Purigen. This is only an approximation, so if after regeneration the Purigen still holds a chlorine smell, then I would suggest to do another Safe: Water soak before placing the Purigen back into your system. "

If you really want cheap dechlorinator, look for sodium thiosulfate for ponds. Prime/Safe has things in it that you don't need just to neutralize the chlorine used to regenerate Purigen.

I saw "Safe" the other day at a fish store here and asked the salesperson if he knew what the difference was.  He said there wasnt much difference except that people with salt water tanks send more to use safe and freshwater people use prime.     No idea if that is true. I take LFS  employees with a grain of salt unless I have dealt with them alot and know they know their stuff

If you really want cheap dechlorinator, look for sodium thiosulfate for ponds. Prime/Safe has things in it that you don't need just to neutralize the chlorine used to regenerate Purigen.

How much of that should I be dosing to dechrlorine 8.25% Clorox? 

I don't know an exact amount. When the powder/crystals are used to make up a solution as per directions, the resulting solution advises 1-2 drops to neutralize a gallon of chlorinated tap water - so I've always used the same volume as I would with Prime.