The magic words to write on a shipping box - in jest... sort of

[edited to add - I am not saying you should do this at all... it is just pointing out a sadly ironic situation]

With all the horror stories of banged up boxes of shrimp arriving... I have found the magic words to write on the box.

I bought my son a bday present and it came with two HUGE stickers announcing that the contents contained lithium batteries. "HANDLE WITH CARE" "WARNING - lithium batteries"

...and can I tell you, there wasn't the slightest bump, tear or dent in that box... it was pristine, like brand new! 

So there we have it! Slap one of those stickers on the box and all will be well... ha ha

wow - yea I have had boxes marked 'fragile' and 'live fish' come in beat up.. so I was shocked that the 'lithium batteries' thing brought me a box that looked like it got the red carpet treatment.

Ironically - it contained a basketball that 'lights up' and can handle being used on a basketball court, slammed into the ground repeatedly, tossed in the air... and yet it was handled like a baby... crazy

Sorry -  I should have said it was more of a 'how ironic is this' post rather than really telling people they should do that (I will edit my op). But still... I can get a basketball without the slightest dent in a box but yet they will slam dunk a box marked 'fragile'??? Something is wrong with that ;)

Annnndddd... I got it through Amazon prime so it arrived in two days... just sayin' 

Sorry -  I should have said it was more of a 'how ironic is this' post rather than really telling people they should do that (I will edit my op). But still... I can get a basketball without the slightest dent in a box but yet they will slam dunk a box marked 'fragile'??? Something is wrong with that ;)

Annnndddd... I got it through Amazon prime so it arrived in two days... just sayin' 

Amazon prime shipping and you shipping is very different ;)

For most USPS packages shipped via Amazon prime, FedEx is the main carrier for the package before given to USPS. That is why they can guarantee on time delivery.

I used to write "Live shrimp" on my boxes but stopped after several arrived late or damaged. It is sad to say but i think disgruntled postal employees were doing it on purpose just to be a**holes. I have had better luck when i dont draw any special attention to my boxes.I would like to believe most are honest employees that take their job serious but it only takes one to really mess up a delivery.

I've generally found that although regulations dictate how to label and package things, following those instructions means a lot of people won't even accept the package. I have to send specimens out on Monday and I will need to leave work early in order to find a facility that will process the package (despite the fact that at my other job, the same service picks up several similar packages a week). You need to train each individual involved how to do their job. It's pathetic but true.

So is the general consensus when mailing shrimp usps priority is to not mark it at all and pretend there is no water inside?

Yep, you don't want to draw attention to your package.

have a gneiss day