Experiment with sponge filter

Hello guys, i was thinking what the best way to get more aeration and water flow in my tank with sponge filter

I use 25cm plastic tube and make a lot of straight little hole at the tube. Placing the filter outflow above the water then connect it with the tube.

The water drop like a small raindrop make a little agitation at the surface and a lot of micro bubble scattered in the tank, the water flow coming from the end of the tube, but the water current just directly downward

Here's some pic

6cff13af2215889e78f01dd36105d82a.jpg

0b8f44130d423e726e206c57b06bb475.jpg

And this is my yellow shrimp tank

c796119a2d198faed43774916005c6a4.jpg

Sory for the bad lighting

Did you think this is a nice setup or this just use less setup. Need some advice and sory for my bad english [emoji1]

Thanks

It just a standart aquarium tubing, you can find at aquarium store, bring your outflow pipe to and find the right one

Yes i try to cap the end, but the water fall rapidly and then stop, always that way because it powered with air pump, the air make some pressure. Maybe make some hole at the top to lose the air pressure.

About 20g for his tanks.  Good idea, but if one of his sponges clog, he's screwed.

will be a long long long time before they clog enough to get over flow. doesnt look like there is much water flow. 

I think I'd rather just silicone a round piece of mesh over the hole.  

Bima.... you should build a L tube for the big sponge also.. I know people think those sponges are better quality but something about how the bubbles just go straight up bothers me. That and actual floor space taken up is why I go with the dual sponge suction cup style.

Oh no, i think, i'm the first one who make it [emoji29].. so i'm little late lol

did i get more aeration if i make my out flow that way, i just confuse with the T sponge filter outflow, is it good to place the outflow below the water, above, or make it like that

Thanks

That will give more surface agitation, and that will breakdown the surface film to. I got surface film around my duckweed [emoji1] .

But what about the water current, is the water cycle back to the sponge. I'm affraid there will be a dead spot in my tank

I have a 20 long split into 3 sections. I also use a canister that I centered the inlet and outlet in the center section to equalize water level as much as possible. However my outlet spray bar didn't fit over the edge back into my tank so it hangs on the rim instead. Because of that, I used air line and stuck into each nipple, 3 each routed to outer sections and 4 into center section. Absolutely no surface film, flow in multiple spots of each section and best of all, completely silent.

Justis takes the idea even further.

Off topic, what happened to Justis? He vanished.