Site with water parameters for various shrimp

mosspearl

I had a site bookmarked that had several shrimp varieties pictured, each listed with their preferred parameters. Then I had to wipe my computer. Most of my bookmarks survived but not all. This is one my computer decided to dump. I can't find it. :P I'm hoping someone here recognizes what I'm talking about and has it bookmarked so they can point me in the right direction. 

The shrimp each had a square photo, I think there were three or four photos across the width of the page and several rows down to include all sorts of varieties from cherry shrimp through various neos, CRS, King Kongs, bee shrimp, etc. They didn't have every variety, but enough to give you an idea of water parameters, temperature, etc.

I hope someone knows the site.

Thanks! :)

http://www.discobee.com/blogs/news/17030569-shrimp-water-parameters

I can't find the one I normally go too.. weird

I can't see the pics on the link I gave you, maybe you will have better luck?

That's the one... their site was down yesterday.

I like how the page is set up... even though my snowballs are outside of the ph range listed... I use it as a 'guide'.

It says snowballs ph max is 6.8... mine are in ph 7.6 and breed like rabbits so... meh.. but it is a great starting point.

According to the chart, I have the perfect parms for tigers... now I just need to get some tigers... some REAL tigers.. not the 'here pay tiger prices for wild neos' tigers :) (I will get over that, I promise, ha ha)

I know. My TDS always builds up like crazy. I need to do more water changes. I promised to get in the habit and then work got crazy again. I have a little more time to practice the habit before more shrimp arrive. Won some in a contest, so I will no longer be completely shrimpless.  :D

I see the max temp listed there as 73 for most.

Seems like hard to pinpoint a general consensus as to what the optimal temperature is. Its usually such a wide range from 68 to 80.

For neos - what've I read most people say... lower temp = longer life span but longer gestation for berried girls. Hiigher temp= shorter life span, faster breeding/gestation.  Then again, too high can cause other health problems.

I have mine at 70 or 72 depending on the tank, just my choice

That list of water parameters is basically useless. As long as your tank is close to what is ideal and things stay stable the shrimp will be fine even slightly outside of the listed ranges. Temperatures are another basically useless number, as long as they are within 65-80 range you would be fine, but does effect breeding rates and lifespan.