EEK help ew

I was watching my tank tonight and movement in the moss caught my eye.  I thought baby shrimp but nooooooo   Hundreds of little dots.   As I watched I notice they zip around.   They must be some kind of bug but there are HUNDREDS.  I am so grossed out right now.    I took my camera and even with zoom on they still just look like dots. 

Anyone know what this is?   Do I have to just remove all the moss?   that would stink, the baby shrimp love that moss. 

post-451-0-48846300-1429657585_thumb.jpg

hmm I thought skuds were a little bigger than that.. these literally are specs.  Full zoom on the camera still just looks like a little round spec. I cant make out any features. 

Water fleas? That's what I think they are My cherry tank has those. They don't bother the shrimp.They just bounce all around. The video isn't mine.

Maybe copepods?
There was a discussion on here a couple weeks ago that might help you trap whatever they are so you don't have to remove all your moss. I can't find the thread, but there was an idea to put in a stainless mesh cage (too small for shrimplets) and bait it. Can anyone remember which thread that was?

Those look like copepods to me, I have quite a number in each of my tanks, its a good sign that your little ecosystem is running properly. You do have quite the hair algae bloom though :D

Thats hair algae and not java moss?????   It came to me as java moss so I just assumed thats what it was. LOL.   It is huge it goes from substrate to the top of the tank, but the shrimp and especially babies love it.  

Thats hair algae and not java moss?????   It came to me as java moss so I just assumed thats what it was. LOL.   It is huge it goes from substrate to the top of the tank, but the shrimp and especially babies love it.  

Haha. In the picture you have both Moss and Hair Algae. As long as your shrimp are happy and healthy thats all that matters.

Cool, I have a nice bloom of these, and wondered what they were.

And. Uh. Quite an epic algae forest - BUT! As you report, it's great for the shrimp, so it's not a bad thing. Fish breeders apparently cultivate it on purpose.

Soothing I meant the bug thingies whatever they are.   When I googled all the things people said they could be,  a couple of the options eat hair algae. 

I cant believe that is all algae and I didnt know it.  It all stays contained in just the one area and grows like moss!!!