Kh 3 help?

Hey I have a question for you shrimp gurus. I checked my taiwan bee tanks gh/kh first time testing for it. Comes up tds 170tds 5gh and 3kh. I see that alot of shrimpers have a kh of 0-2. Will my shrimps be okay at 3? I really don't get how the api test works. So as I drop in the solution do I stop when it slightly changes color or as it shows up a more solid dark color?

Hey I have a question for you shrimp gurus. I checked my taiwan bee tanks gh/kh first time testing for it. Comes up tds 170tds 5gh and 3kh. I see that alot of shrimpers have a kh of 0-2. Will my shrimps be okay at 3? I really don't get how the api test works. So as I drop in the solution do I stop when it slightly changes color or as it shows up a more solid dark color?

make sure you shake after each drop.

Currently using ro with Kents ro right. Yeah I just ordered ss gh+ hr ago. Weird thing is my kks bbs and mischlings are breeding. Only reason why I checked was cause 2 berried mischlings died with in the last 4 weeks, but I think it was cause heat. Had them in a breeding net pretty close to the light

The titration (test) is complete as soon as you see the color change.  In rare occurrences, if after shaking it appears green in color, you might be right on the difference from one degree to the next, however the next drop should then make a complete transition to yellow.  In my experience, the color change has been immediate and easy to interpret.  If your test shows anything you would call more yellow than blue after the first drop, then your KH is reading at something between 0 and 1.  

Apologies if I'm covering anything you previously understood, I just want you to be sure of your reading and your KH, which could already be near your target.

1. Rinse a clean test tube with water to be tested.

2. Fill the test tube with 5 ml of water to be tested (to the line on the tube).

3. Holding the bottle vertically, add KH Test Solution, one drop at a time. Be sure to count the number of drops being added.

4. Cap the test tube and invert several times after each drop.

5. The test is completed when the water in the test tube, after having been shaken, turns from blue to yellow. If you have difficulty discerning the color after the first drop of test solution is added, remove the cap from the test tube and, while holding it over a white background, look down through the tube.

6. The KH value is determined by the number of drops of test solution that must be added to turn the water in the test tube bright yellow. See GH & KH Conversion Chart at end of instruction leaflet.

http://www.apifishcare.com/pdf/GH_and_KH_Test_Kit_and_KH_Test_Kit_58-59_Insert.pdf

Currently using ro with Kents ro right. Yeah I just ordered ss gh+ hr ago. Weird thing is my kks bbs and mischlings are breeding. Only reason why I checked was cause 2 berried mischlings died with in the last 4 weeks, but I think it was cause heat. Had them in a breeding net pretty close to the light

Kent RO Right is not designed for shrimp.

Use GH booster designed for shrimp only, like SaltyShrimp Bee GH+

Hey johnny, it's gonna fluctuate with tds. I just shoot for a "range" rather than a specific number. Anywhere from 160-180 should be good.. My tank goes as high as 200 tds because I feed powder foods. 5 days out of the week.