Blue neo babies - but not a single blue adult in the tank??

My 'mixed' tank is turning out to be a wonder all by itself. There is a bit of this and that in there. Here is what I know is in there (all neos):

- A few wilds

- 2 or three reds of various grades

- a yellow

- a snowball

- a clearish one but not snowball

- non nondescript ones that look like wilds and can't honestly say more than that

The lighting in the tank is not that great, but I have been having fun just letting 'whatever happens happen'. I expected/expect a lot of wilds, but I am ok with that.

Well, someone had babies. Not sure who because, again, this is a no stress tank.

This morning I found babies on the glass. Most are shades of red (very light). Then I noticed several very dark, stunning blue babies the same size as the red babies.

I have no idea who the parents are but I know for certain that there are NO blue adults in that tank.

Any thoughts about this? Also, if I pulled the blues out and put with my other blues would that be good or a bad thing? I had no plans to pull anyone out of this tank but with this striking color I just might.

post-507-0-98461000-1433346131_thumb.jpg

I love it :) Now that I look at the pic again though the 'pinkish' baby at the top is a bit bigger than the blues but still .. I might have to set up something just for the blues and see what happens. lol

So much fun. I want to setup a cull tank like this too, let it go and see what pops. I just dont have enough neo varieties or enough culls yet. Gotta build up the colonies.

I wonder if these blues would now breed true if isolated.

I wonder if these blues would now breed true if isolated.

I think I might set up a small, nano sized tank for the blues just to find out. Especially since there are no blue adults in the tank. It would be very interesting to see what comes out of the next generation of these. :)

I think I might set up a small, nano sized tank for the blues just to find out. Especially since there are no blue adults in the tank. It would be very interesting to see what comes out of the next generation of these. :)

Please do and keep us updated.