so what am i doing wrong?

Aiko

I started my tank in Jan. cycled it had ghost shrimp I took my ghost shrimp to the LFS once I got my Dream blues I started with 20 dream blues in about late feb to early march (I forget when I got them) I have been slowly loosing them 1 by one and they don't seem to keep there eggs for a while I did have a little of a nitrate problem (10-20 never higher) I got more plants and my tank has been doing a lot better. I just lost a berried female I'm down to about 10 shrimp now and this is upsetting me because I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. my tank readings are :

kh 2

gh 9

nitrate 5

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

I use tap water and prime

Definitely switch to ro water if you want to save the rest of your shrimps. I used tap water in my first tank with cherries and they slowly dining one by one like yours, I tried everything and nothing helped. When I switched to ro they start breed like rabbits. My tap water is too hard it takes around 20 drops of kh or gh test kit to change the colour, I think your water should be very hard too.

I had a similar problem with my first Neo tank, lost shrimp one by one. Tried changing all sorts of things then tried RO with remineralizer and the deaths stopped. My tap water even with prime has something in it that is toxic but it does not bother fish.

Alright thanks what's a good remineralizer to use and do you treat RO with prime as well? Sorry going to have a lot of questions, how does raising pH and GH work with RO or does reminerlires do that stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be switching to do very soon going to order some SL Blue wizard and a TDS meter very soon no more deaths at the moment still going to switch over to RO up note for the past week I have seen about 4 baby shrimp had no idea I had a berried female