Suggestions?

Soothing Shrimp

I'm looking to say bye bye to my convicts.

Any suggestion on a type that will be fine as a pr or trio in a 20g?

Dwarf cichlids, apisto or whatever? I still would use them to take care of shrimp culls when needed.

Needs to be easyish to breed.

Needs to be colorful with possibilty for selective breeding for color traits.

Suggestions?

I think I've decided on electric blue rams.  Thanks, folks!

Any suggestions on where to get them?

Unfortunately online they are quite expensive unless you can find a hobbyist. I know my LFS carries them at times.

How about keyhole cichlids? They are great community fish and max out at 4-5 inches. No bright colors, but they hace a lovely, old fashioned skeleton key shaped pattern on their sides.

I think I've decided on electric blue rams. Thanks, folks!

Any suggestions on where to get them?

A few years ago I found a hobbyist/breeder some where in the midwest which was said to have excellent stock and prices werent crazy even with shipping. Now let me look back and see if i can find their info again...

Found it. Soothing i will PM you the info.

I know of an online seller who has beautiful Apistos and I've had Apistos in the past they have no problem eating shrimp.  Be careful with the Electric Blue Ram many of them are not bred well and have a short life.  Are we allowed to mention retailers?

Yes unfortunately same thing with electric blue jack dempsey.  Geiler aquatics sold me a group of Apisto caucatoides and  in the group was a beautiful, beautiful orange flash and a triple red.  Very impressed with what they sent me and they went to town immediatley eating cherry shrimp I failed to remove from the tank.

• 2 months later...