Cherry and red cherry

DiscoStDisco

I know the difference is the coloration grade of them but i have gotten all my shrimp from petco here and I have all red ones, some look really super red while others u can tell are not as flashy. What do LFS usually sell I believe they were called cherry red shrimps.

You would be correct. They don't concern themselves with grade, so what you would have picked up would most likely have been Cherry shrimp. Also, you probably overpaid, sadly. Check with local hobby clubs, or boards like this and you can generally find some really good deals, and much healthier shrimp.

You would be correct. They don't concern themselves with grade, so what you would have picked up would most likely have been Cherry shrimp. Also, you probably overpaid, sadly. Check with local hobby clubs, or boards like this and you can generally find some really good deals, and much healthier shrimp.

yea I agree def over paid but I have never shipped fish/shrimp and im scarred and the LFS is the only place to go.

I understand completely. Shipping takes some getting good used to for sure, but sometimes can be worth it. Either way, I hope you enjoy the cherries, they are wonderful!