Sudden light changes and shrimp

So I've noticed that when my timer shuts down my lighting for the night, it's disturbing enough to the shrimp that some of them will actually "flinch" and jump.

How stressful is this for shrimp?  

It seems like the majority of us don't have ramping timers/lighting, so I'm guessing this isn't a huge deal, but it makes me think enough that I'll pose the question.  I don't see the same activity when the lights cut on, this really only occurs at shutdown.  I'm using a finnex stingray that is approximately 16 inches above the substrate.  

Those of you that do have ramping/dimming lights, have your shrimp ever winked at you and give you a thumbs up?

I just recently switched to LEDs you can "ramp" up and down, and manipulate every which way. I never noticed with my On/Off LEDs before this effect, not that it didn't happen but I just didn't look close enough. I would think it would be similar to if we were just waking up and flipped the light on, it would take a minute for your pupils to adjust. I will tell you I am a huge fan of my LEDs now, I don't know if they have any effect at all on the shrimp, but it certainly helps mimic nature a bit closer.

Mine do they same thing, but they also do that when I caught them or during feeding and those things don't seem to hurt them, so I would say it's not a problem.

Mines stop doing that. It use to flinch when the light comes on. I have a Kessil A150.  For some reason when my lights are on, the shrimps seem to hide. When the light is off they all come out. Is this normal? Maybe my kessil is too much light for them? I have a 30cm x 30cm cube tank.

No, I have light for shrimp room on thermal sensor. it turns on and off lot time during a day.

my shrimp doing fine.

and when I take photos, I flash them a hundred times, they don't really care.

I just guess, if your shrimp is not healthy or stressed, may react to it.

my shrimp don't seem to care but when I turn on the lights of one of my tanks I swear the Otocat is going to have a heart attack one of these days.  Flips him out every time.

I have current usa led lights on my tanks.  You can create custom lighting choices. I start off with turning the darker "moon" or blue light on then a little later turn on the brighter light.  Seems to "ease" them into the brighter lights.  When I turn them off - I first go to the "moon" or blue light - then a few minutes later turn off completely.