Had to happen sometime...first tank crashes

dr0p

That will teach me to leave town for a few nights. Went out of town for some much needed rest and came home to a scene I hope never to see again. While away, I had arranged for friends to watch the house. Turns out that at some point they had accidently turned off the circuit that powered the filters/air pumps on 3 of my tanks...of which 2 were almost a total loss. Wiped out almost an entire colony of both yellow and orange neos - Dozens. Something like 14 OEBT, and half my RBT population. Not a total loss by any means, but one that hurts for sure.

On the bright side, I now have space open for new projects. :(

And research to do about mini oxydators!

Wow! Sorry to hear for sure. Thank goodness you have shrimp remaining to replenish the numbers.

oh man, that sucks. I am away for a week right now and reading this has me even more stressed than I was.

Yeah, it was a bummer. However nothing that can't be returned from with time, and grudgingly, patience.

You will be fine rasta! Mine was an over site on my end, one that has been fixed so it can't and won't happen again.

On the Plus - it opened a mature tank up for some new arrivals, who I'm sure will love it. Gotta find that silver lining somewhere!

I am so sorry to hear that! This does bring up a question that is debated a lot - do shrimp need filters/oxygen?

I've heard about people thinking they scooped out all shrimp, set the tank in a garage with the tiniest bit of water.. finally get around to the tank and it's swarming with shrimp.

Then I hear about this... loss of power or whatever, no filter/air and horrible deaths

:(