Hair Algae Problems!!!

How do I get rid of hair algae?

I keep red rilis and OEBT in the 20 gallon planted shrimp tank and it seems like every week I'm pulling tons and tons of algae out of my moss and plants with my aquascaping tweezers. The main reason  I want it out is because it make my tank look like a huge mess! When my family and guests look at it  I want them to enjoy the tank not see a bunch of algae everywhere.

So is there anything I can do? (Fish (shrimp safe) or any products that wont harm them)

You can also try to reduce the time the lights are on. The more intense the light, the less time it should be on. I would not exceed more than 10 hours.

I don't know how Amano's will interact with the other shrimp, but I purchased 25 of them just because of the hair algae and they completely cleaned it up.  I'm know trying to raise the larva and anytime I have an algae problem on a ornament or plant from my other the tanks I put it in their tank and the always clean it spotless.  The trick is to have enough of them.  AMAZING algae eaters!

To be honest it looks like your light is to intense. If you are only keeping low light plants and moss you dont need such high light.

I also have riccia, dwarf hair grass, microswords, dwarf sag, dwarf water lettuce, and rotala. So they need the light

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

None of those plants need high light and will be fine with low or medium-low light levels. What PAR rating is your light at the depth of your tank?

You should find out your nitrate levels. Not knowing is a good way to get to dangerous levels.