Choice Bubbler

Can someone give me a run down on this product. What does it do? How do you set it up? Is it loud? Where is it placed in or on the tank? Is there any product you must purchase for this product to work? Is it beneficial for caridina shrimp?

Thanks in advance :)

I think the basic principle is that the water suction draws air in (from the air tube out of the water) as it rushes past, and that makes bubbles come out.  The valve at the end allows you to dial the air suction up or down.

Similar to using straw to get those last few drops of soda, or the very end of a water siphon.  There is no sound though, because the air is going in and existing under water.

Personally I use only canister filters, specifically Eheim 2213. The only problem I was finding was oxygenation. Yes, I used the spray bar and without it, it provides quite a bit of surface movement, but does not actually break the water surface enough, if at all. I always thought sponge filters were fantastic because of there ability to produce large amounts of oxygen.

I came across the thread linked above, and watched this video: https://youtu.be/t1p31S8OMXM

I immediately had to try it, it seemed like a simple concept that would produce the results I was looking for. I purchased two of them from Han Aquatics, and was extremely happy, so happy I bought two more for all my canister filters. I love the ability to not only adjust the amount of oxygen coming in, but also the direction of water flow (comes with a piece to do this). Simple to attach, and not loud at all (I like my setups silent).

I have noticed an overall healthier environment, more active shrimp, and a higher survivability rate among shrimplets(specifically my Taiwan Bee tank)

I will more than likely be making a YouTube video soon on this product.

Awesome thanks for the replies :)

Do I need to have an air pump for this to work?

Ah! This goes back to my remark on "I like my setups silent", no air pump needed.It simply pulls air through an air tube to the diffuser section.

DETAquarium

This is reply to your question about how I get bubbles in my 30g divided tank using the bubble choice.

The micro bubbles are so small that it allows them to cross sections with no problem. So the spray bar is shooting out all the bubbles on the far left side of the tank and crossing into each section as it makes it's way back to the intake on the far right side of the tank.

Here's a crappy cellphone picture.

post-168-0-68445300-1435252960_thumb.jpg

Amanda here is two photos of my bubble choice in action.

Also I show the small valve that controls how much air is allowed to enter. More air = more bubbles & as an added bonus when you up the air it also makes the current stronger so you get a small control as to how strong of a current the out spray will be.

post-168-0-12050600-1435253162_thumb.jpg

post-168-0-76763100-1435253171_thumb.jpg

Amanda here is two photos of my bubble choice in action.

Also I show the small valve that controls how much air is allowed to enter. More air = more bubbles & as an added bonus when you up the air it also makes the current stronger so you get a small control as to how strong of a current the out spray will be.

Thanks for the photos! :)

Personally I use only canister filters, specifically Eheim 2213. The only problem I was finding was oxygenation. Yes, I used the spray bar and without it, it provides quite a bit of surface movement, but does not actually break the water surface enough, if at all. I always thought sponge filters were fantastic because of there ability to produce large amounts of oxygen.

I came across the thread linked above, and watched this video: https://youtu.be/t1p31S8OMXM

I immediately had to try it, it seemed like a simple concept that would produce the results I was looking for. I purchased two of them from Han Aquatics, and was extremely happy, so happy I bought two more for all my canister filters. I love the ability to not only adjust the amount of oxygen coming in, but also the direction of water flow (comes with a piece to do this). Simple to attach, and not loud at all (I like my setups silent).

I have noticed an overall healthier environment, more active shrimp, and a higher survivability rate among shrimplets(specifically my Taiwan Bee tank)

I will more than likely be making a YouTube video soon on this product.

How large are your tanks that you are running this setup on?  I have 20 longs, and I am also using 2213's on all of them.  I'm curious if there is a upward bound on the size of tank?  I also have 33 longs with 2217's that would be nice to go this route.  At 4ft long though, a bit concerned about circulation throughout?  Thanks for the info on this!

Hey ChadO, sorry I just noticed this post!

I run them on all of my 17.1g Mr. Aqua Aquariums, 23.6" in length. Circulation is fantastic, almost to much if you look in each of the corners the output is blowing there is a small divot that formed. Minor, but shows that circulation has not diminished and there are no deadspots at the very least at the surface. What is the diameter of the 2217 output, same as 2213? I don't think the Choice Bubbler has different sizes.

Cool! Correct on the 2217, it has a larger intake, but the output is the same, so a different sized bubbler wouldn't be needed. My order is supposed to arrive today, so I'll try one of them on my michling tank which is a 33l and the other on my 20l tank. Problem is that I have like 7 other canister tanks to go if this works out well. Probably not a "problem" for Han, though. [emoji2]

Great to hear Chad! I think you will be impressed.

Shrimpie, thats a good question, I would assume if the diameter of your output is the same as the Eheim 2213 output it should work. The only problem I would foresee is water pressure, some HMF I have seen don't have enough pressure. Guess it depends on your pump.

I've used these for years back when i had lots of canister filters. they are pretty awesome and never had a problem with them. I ran one for almost 3 years straight with 0 issues.

I dont buy/sell them anymore because more and more people are using just sponge filters these days.

I have a pile of eheims but still choose central air system sponge filters. 1 power source vs 1 for each tank.

DETAquarium, I'm running a similar setup to you a 17.1 gallon ADA tank with eheim 2213 canister filter. I am also running a small double sponger filter rated for a 10 gallon, do you think I'm getting enough oxygen in my tank? I currently run the eheim without the spray bar. I was thinking of getting the choice bubbler as well.

I have a few female taiwan bees berried and so hopefully there is enough oxygen in there.

DETAquarium, I'm running a similar setup to you a 17.1 gallon ADA tank with eheim 2213 canister filter. I am also running a small double sponger filter rated for a 10 gallon, do you think I'm getting enough oxygen in my tank? I currently run the eheim without the spray bar. I was thinking of getting the choice bubbler as well.

I have a few female taiwan bees berried and so hopefully there is enough oxygen in there.

Hey Chem! If you have a sponge filter then your fine, I just don't like noise when it comes to my aquarium setups. I like them to be as quiet as possible, sponge filters deviate from that goal.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I was wondering how quiet/loud are those NAG bubbler?

Not sure about the NAG bubbler but the Choice Bubbler is extremely quiet.