selective breeding

My selective breeding thoughs started like this, having a breeder box which I now put in my wardrobe to die :)

To me, it's very tough to find a ready-to-go female and male and then catch them and put into breeder box, then make sure they are in action and then put the tank again, ohh god this sound like a torture to me now because now I have got 2 tanks.

Tank 1: Only female mischlings + female taiwans + Taiwan Males

Tank 2: Male mischlings and babies born in the tank 1

If it's possible for you I strongly recommend you to have 2 tanks, 1 for selective breeding, the other for the mischlings and the new borns

My selective breeding thoughs started like this, having a breeder box which I now put in my wardrobe to die :)

To me, it's very tough to find a ready-to-go female and male and then catch them and put into breeder box, then make sure they are in action and then put the tank again, ohh god this sound like a torture to me now because now I have got 2 tanks.

Tank 1: Only female mischlings + female taiwans + Taiwan Males

Tank 2: Male mischlings and babies born in the tank 1

If it's possible for you I strongly recommend you to have 2 tanks, 1 for selective breeding, the other for the mischlings and the new borns

I have 8x tanks but it does not make the selective breeding process any less complicated.   :)

Wow If you have got 8 tanks, then it means you are so above the level of a routine shrimp breeder :)

Why don't you start 1 tank = 1 selective type (like Red Ruby tank, Blue Bolt tank etc....) and apply this to all your 6 or 7 tanks. The remaining 1 or 2 tanks will have "not selected shrimnps" tank.

It depends.

for berried mom, waiting for her to release the shrimplets. then move her into breeding box.

She will molt in few days, and get berried again if she is healthy.

if she molted but not get berried, that means she needs a break. waiting for next month.

for other cases, normally she will develop a gap behind her carapace. it's time to move her into breeding box.

never move molted female into breeding box, it's too late, she may mate already. it just takes couple seconds.

and without protection from the shell, she can be harmed easily.