Breeder Box

I just used the gate thing plus a piece of course sponge that allowed the water to flow throw without the babies getting into it. never had a problem with them escaping except for the baby marble tiger, who figured out that once it got up close to the surface it could surf over the long part between the inflow and outflow area. 

After I figured out how it did it (rode a piece of java moss up against the edge and jumped over) I made sure no floating plants, just moss ball, and put a piece of plastic along that edge so nothing could get over it.

Shrimps are inventive so you need to cover all the bases to keep them inside the box.

I also think those boxes would take up a lot of space inside my small Fluval Ebi tank, whereas the marina boxes can hang outside on all 3 sides if necessary without taking away space inside my tank.   They do look interesting, so I will wait to hear how they work out for you all.

Keep us posted if anyone starts using them for controlled breeding, maybe do a journal on them.

Thanks for the info Monty. Mine seem to find a way out of my course sponge. Not good for selective breeding purposes. I tried smaller pore materials but they clog fast and restrict flow. I'm gonna see if I can put a piece of stainless mesh and see if that stops the lil buggers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info Monty. Mine seem to find a way out of my course sponge. Not good for selective breeding purposes. I tried smaller pore materials but they clog fast and restrict flow. I'm gonna see if I can put a piece of stainless mesh and see if that stops the lil buggers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should try to source one of these for your external box...  

s5866.jpg