Breeder Box

I use the Marina Hang on style medium sized box. I put moss and a piece of cholla wood in it. I used to catch my shrimp as they looked ready to breed then leave them in it until the female berries.

we have the 4 x 6 cube type here in Canada.  haven't seen the 1st one.

they would be OK for actual individual breeding because they are small, but that looks like a very small space

with no room for much else.

I only use the large Marina box and put some soil, moss ball, floating plants, an airstone inside for the female to feel comfortable and give the babies somewhere to hide once born.

we have the 4 x 6 cube type here in Canada. haven't seen the 1st one.

they would be OK for actual individual breeding because they are small, but that looks like a very small space

with no room for much else.

I only use the large Marina box and put some soil, moss ball, floating plants, an airstone inside for the female to feel comfortable and give the babies somewhere to hide once born.

how do you keep shrimplets from escaping the marina box? I covered the overflow with foam but it was too course and shrimplets still escaped. I then tried finer filter material to cover the outflow but the water flow was impeded and the marina water level rose to uncomfortable levels. That's why this box seems ideal with its mesh. Any tips on the marina box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa. You for these already?!? Damn bro you're on the ball!

Anything special about these you can modify or customize considering your mesh expertise? [emoji16]

Whoa. You for these already?!? Damn bro you're on the ball!

Anything special about these you can modify or customize considering your mesh expertise? [emoji16]

Yes sir listed on the website :)

Haha you know me.

I've been playing around with the 4" cubed one.

They dont call him Han the Man Tran for nothing! Or is that just me that calls him that?

Hah ha! Is that what everyone calls him, or maybe just you? [emoji1]

How do you like/compare the intake breeder box vs. the HOB breeder box? Flow wise, both seems to be air driven (probably can be modified to be waterpump driven).

Personally, I’m a big fan of the HOB Breeder, but I suppose a flip-side benefit would be that the in-tank breeder boxes would allow for better photo opportunities and a more stabilized temperature. Space utilization seems horrid as it would occupy space inside the tank, but this can be a blessing depending on how your tanks are positioned. For those without much clearance space front or back of their tanks would love these in-tank breeders. Aesthetically, it’s not pleasing because it is more obtrusive than the HOB Breeders, which could be hidden away.

For those who has a chance to use it or planning on bringing in, what are your thoughts on this matter? What makes this product more appealing than we is currently available on amazon? Or is this one of those cool ideas you just want because-of?