Bummed out

Lyana

I recently moved my blue dream rilis to a new tank because they were going super slow in the TB tank. Well I had three females that were really nice looking, the rest aren't really that awesome.

But all of them died because I didn't wait long enough for the tank to cycle right :( I'm feeling bummed about it and kicking myself in the butt. I can only hope some of their babies grow up to be as pretty.

Patience is the key with shrimp. Normally I have very little and had to learn the hard way.

100% agree with this statement. I think we all have learned that taking your time, and in some cases overly cautious certainly payout in the end.

• 1 month later...

New tank set up on Julne 28 with old filter but new substrate and wood. Added shrimp the next day ammonia was zero but nitrite .25when I checked because shrimp were flying around tank. Did water change and dosed prime. Dosed prime for a couples days until both tested zero, had a few more die off during that time. After both tested zero I added the rest of the shrimp from the other tank.

I still have tons of babies and berried shrimp but notice a dead one every two or three days.

Could the ones that got subject to the nitrites be slowly dying off? I think I've lost more then was first added but lost count.

water source; remin type? Is this different from what they had in TB tank?

substrate type?

You don't have to outline everything here; but for yourself, think about every variable that has changed.

Not sure how nitrates affect physiology, so I can't comment on that.

Well I think I will outline it on here since I'll be writing it all down anyway.

Using flora max substrate instead of controsoil, so ph is higher 7.5ish instead of 6.3. Reminerlizer is the same, tds 256 with salty shrimp so the gh is problem pretty high 15ish (maybe they don't like that). Different driftwood.

Had to use some water putty stuff around the outside of the bottom frame be used the tank started leaking soon after I bought it.

And now that I think about it, they were dying before I moved them, but the tbs in then tank were doing good so I figured it was the low ph. Then the TBs started dying after I moved the blue dreams out (whole other problem there).

But I left some of the blue dreams in the TB tank and they are all fine.