Opinions on BL Breeder Boxes?

Kudos to r45t4m4n for showing us this in tank breeder box.  Thank you.  I'm super intrigued!

$_12.JPG

So, it took me awhile to figure out why they were called BL-1, BL-2, and BL-3.  This was especially confusing because the picture is NOT of a BL-2 as labeled, but a BL-3.  So, if buying, don't be thrown off by the pic.

The number refers to the number of stainless steel screens it has.

BL-1 is just stainless steel on the bottom.  The sides are all solid.

BL-2 has one side stainless steel, and the bottom stainless steel.

BL-3 has two sides stainless steel, and the bottom stainless steel.

All have a pocket for hose/air stone.

--------

I know shrimp graze biofilm and food exuded from algae, so the more solid walls the better.  ON the other hand, the more stainless steel,  the more (in theory) water flow.

Any thoughts about which one may work best for shrimp?

I'd be down for a couple if the price is right. The way I have my tanks set up I could use a couple internal boxes. Eric, let us know if you decide to get some.

I found this Youtube link that shows the circulation of the BL-3 with a color dye in the water.  Thought I would share in case it is helpful for some. 

I got my BL-2 in the mail today. It has SS mesh on 2 sides, none on the bottom. There is a larger ss mesh near the top of the airstone "housing" where the water would flow into the box. The airstone included in the kit is a plastic one, with Ziss aqua branding, an adjustable flow valve is also included to adjust air flow. The side SS panels pop out so you can join multiple boxes together or replace the SS mesh (not sure what quality SS is used). It has 2 mounts, a hook for rimless and a dual suction cup mount for other applications. It also has an adjustable offset "arm" at the bottom so the box can be leveled. Seems pretty nice, they put some thought into its design.